weekly Shirleyr's 52 ~ 2016 ~ Week 52 ~ Celebration

Nice cluster of blooms and such subtle colours. Spot on theme Molly - keep them coming. :clap:

Thank you, my first reply, it was me a few years ago that got really stuck with the 'Linky Thingy' , I was very pleased to have now the Flickr to copy and paste. Look forward to the coming challenges.

Last edited:
Ah! I was just looking for the TP link to your page Molly. This could so easily have resulted in tragedy. At least you were keeping an eye on them. Well taken. (y) ... and neatly linked with that is this one of the Air Ambulance. Again, nicely taken and themed.

Last edited:
Its taken me half the evening trying to log onto Flickr, the other going barmy with linky thingy until I read susiejb post and I sort of got it right. The air ambulance helecopter went over to-night so I just grapped my camera and got a sort of shot. Someone's life in their hands.

Very pretty flowers Molly ....you need to add a link on the 'post your photos' page back to here and then people will find you :)

You click on the #1 at the bottom of your post above, select all, copy, and then paste it by your image in the main thread, it looks like this.

Molly's 52 ~ 2016 ~ Week 26 Flora
Thanks for the wonderful advice, I did and it linked back. I know its not Linky right but it'll linky do for the moment..

Last edited:
Molly, nice capture for the activity ! Would of suited stupidity as well !

Air ambulance - nice follow on for the crazy boat people !

Week 29 Hidden

No idea what's in there.Hidden.jpg

Last edited:
Flora - A lovely bunch of blossom
Activity - Good shot I hope they made it back safely.
Life - I hope that wasn't needed for the rowers.
hidden - shame there isn't a hint of something inside

Hi Molly. Good idea for Hidden - a beak sticking out of there would have been perfect.

Hi Molly .... good to see your thread is working okay :)

That boat looks positively wobbly ...certainly not a very safe Activity, well spotted.
The air ambulance do certainly save a lot of lives ...not easy to capture mid flight.
Hidden ...you've got me guessing now is there a nest in there or not ...I guess whatever was in it has flown by now.

Looks like it's the first time I've visited your thread Molly, so here goes...

Flora - spot on theme (I don't know 'owt about flowers), but possibly a tad dark. It could perhaps benefit from maybe 1/2 a stop extra exposure (but maybe that would lose the subtle pinks - dunno).

Activity - Good exposure and you're right about it not being clever mucking about in boats too far out if you haven't a clue. That doesn't look like the local park's boating lake.

Life - Certainly on theme, and good job for a capture that you probably weren't expecting.

Hidden - That's an interesting conceptual shot, yes perhaps a beak sticking out would help, but then again, this certainly sells the birdie being hidden inside.

Well spotted for "activity", a lot of uncoordinated rowing going on there!

And a great idea for hidden, I don't think it needs a beak sticking out.

Good capture Molly - the nearest I've managed is part of a beak sticking out of a nesting hole. Well done you. :clap:

Hi Molly ....you need to add this link to your photo on the main thread :)

Molly's 52 ~ 2016 ~ Week 30 ~ Lonely

Well done to find the woodpecker, I'd love to see one, but have never managed it yet ....it must be very scary to fly the nest so I imagine he does feel very alone.
As my nephew would say, the linky thing is doing my head in, when he return from his hols, he can come and fix it.

Last edited:
Excellent Molly - that has to be one of the closest and most detailed shots I've seen of a cockerel. Beautifully vibrant colours.

Bit to close of a crop for me would like to have seen more of the bird

Thanks for your comments, I'm getting the hang of returning compliments, I'm not a good enough photographer to offer advice but I appreciate a good photo.

fauna ... some great detail and colour but yes a bit tight in the frame.

Back