weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

Forget to save changes but have done it now.:ty:I think bubble photography is about lighting, blue sky is the best, a gentle breeze, somewhere interesting like a greenhouse with colourful flowers and home made bubble mix. Anyway thanks for the comments, look forward to your added photos. I'm sure this is going to be an interesting theme.
Nice one Shirley, it was on my list of possibilities, well captured, not easy to do.

Good one Shirley, good lighting on this smooth bubble, and like the reflections :)

Good idea for the theme Shirley. Like the oof background.

You are good with your bubbles Shirley :) I love the reflections in this (y)

No you haven't :p
TBH I think you achieved what you set out to do Shirley. :)

Great shot, can't have been easy to capture. I like the reflections in the bubble and the OOF background.

Looks like you've chosen a difficult task for this one and it's come out great, well done. (y)

Last edited:
Weird. I think I pulled the choice of no or yes down and forgot to choose yes. Thinking of something else I suppose.:popcorn:

I bet this was an incredibly hard photo to take but looks like you pulled it off nicely. Nice smooth bokeh, and interesting reflection in the bubble provokes the imagination. Very cool!

Comfort - works for the theme, but it could do with a little straightening, but the glow from the window offers a nice warm invite.

Hairy - fits the theme, image looks a bit noisy tho.

Smooth - a great attempt, not an easy subject to photograph. I think you have done very well with this, i like the reflections in the bubble, i do feel the image could be a bit sharper.

Smooth, I've tried this and it's not easy.

Overall, you've done well with focus and nice creamy BG.

Cheers.

I bet this was an incredibly hard photo to take but looks like you pulled it off nicely. Nice smooth bokeh, and interesting reflection in the bubble provokes the imagination. Very cool!
It was hard and the background and speed of the bubble meant I had to work quick without get mixture on camera. The bought mixture was a bit week I suppose it was for a 3 year old, a stronger more colourful mixture and blue is worth a crack at.

Nice to read your thoughts on this how you were going to achieve it Shirley, I think you have done well and got a pretty good result, good reflection and liking your square crop too (y)
Thanks, I learnt a lot from the last one.

I agree with the others, you've pulled off a difficult shot there Shirley :clap:
I like the square crop, the nicely blurred background, the interesting reflections in the bubble and the effort taken taking the shot :)

Really clever shot and I think very well executed.

Week 5 ~ Mineral ~ My Dads Medals for his entry in the 2nd World War. 3 African Stars and the top two the Defence Medals.
Dads medals.jpg

Oh Wow! That's an incredible haul Shirley ... to be forever treasured by the family. Nicely lit and the colours look fabulous against that plain black bg.

Thanks Carl, I'm now going to send the photo via email to said nephew, the hard thing is when you have 3 nephews which one to give it to. Tricky.

Thanks Carl, I'm now going to send the photo via email to said nephew, the hard thing is when you have 3 nephews which one to give it to. Tricky.
Cor! Difficult Shirley. The one who shows keenest interest in preserving family history or eldest but on behalf of all three.

Very impressive Shirley, I'm glad you photographed these :clap:

Of course ... an egg is Whole ,, until it's broken. Good choice of a speckled one Shirley ... nice light sheen on the surface to accentuate it's form.

Great choice for whole, now you can crack on with you daily photos!

Eggs can be safely eaten well beyond their sell by date.

Great choice for whole, now you can crack on with you daily photos!

Eggs can be safely eaten well beyond their sell by date.
Had it this morning, orange yolk, pay a little extra for quality. My daily posts are cracking great, I think about 86 not miss one since it started mid Nov. Thanks for posting.

That was quick Shirley, ticked off now for the week ...fits the topic perfectly.

Lovely to see your Dads Medals, you must be very proud.
Thanks Susie, I am proud, just wish that Dad could see them all nice and polished in a frame.

Minerals, interesting set of medals Shirley.
I won't comment on the whole egg, as it'll only lead to a load of yolks such as cracking, egg-cellent ... I shell shut up now (y)

Week 7 ~ Structure ~ Porthdinllaen Lifeboat Station. Change of idea.
The new house stands on the land where the previous house was. The new building was started 2012 and was completed 2014, the builders worked every day except one week at Christmas.
It is a two storey building first floor timber, the roof is clad in copper. The details of the building are in detail on their website
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...qAmPL8oQIe2iKjCjQ&sig2=5MvUJaZ11Lr4xyqoQAETnQ
The finished building but added an older photo taken in 2013 in which it was being built.
2014.jpg New Boat house Porth Dinllaen.jpg

Last edited:
Its always difficult with editing especially on a dull day and taking the photo from way across the sea with a long lens. I want to get a photo of the boat coming out of the house or at least on the slipway. If the boat is out there are cars all over the cliffs, clutter for a photo.

Back