weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

Hi Shirley,

Above - Defo the second of the two shots (which is the one you chose), as it's less busy and has more action.
Although the sky is slightly better in the first one

Evolve - White Bluebells? Never heard of them before. I guess they are an evolution of the original plant.
Good use of shallow DoF to make them pop from the background (y)

Hold(ing) - The second shot for me, the water droplets are more prominent and also the sharp focus area is larger.

Great find for hold! I like #1 (and #3) very much.

Hi Shirley, having caught up with my own thread this is my first visit since week 0 so I've looked through all of your images since then. My favourites so far are the rows of colours in Order, which was well spotted and perfect for the theme, Comfort works well with the warm light from within your home and the personal items in the window, the fruity tea image for Routine is ideal for the theme and perfectly arranged, your Re-shoot of Order and the background of the dwellings is fascinating, and I think I like the third one best as it gives a real sense of place and scale.

All of your recent images of the spring flowers are lovely and my favourite of those would be the second one of the pink blossom with the water droplets; very delicate and well captured. Nice work so far, and I'm glad you decided to continue (y)

Week 16 ~ Smoke ~ Warning sign in Porthmadog as the little steam train chuffs its way along the main road until turning off to its own tracks.
smoke.jpg

Nice find. But I would placed it off centre bringing it into the surroundings more, maybe pointing the camera down the road where the train travels.

Excellent idea Shirley. Can't have been easy to avoid reflections in the sign.
I don't know if it would have been possible, but if you had the chance to go with a lower shallower DoF, the car & van in the background could have 'disappeared'.
Excellent subject matter (y)

Its different not a sign you would usually come across, but agree with the others regarding the surroundings

I'll have a fiddle with the sign, the train was out. I can only put this photo up and not cropping it. Not very exciting.
P1140185.JPG

Last edited:
The sign was a good find Shirley but I love your gorse shot - it's so thick. I don't think I've ever seen bushes so filled with it round here! Great choice to fill the frame It's such a lovely little flower - I love the delicate petals and furriness of it against the spiky bush :)

Great choice Shirley. The gorse certainly is vivid. We have quite a lot of it here on the Island, its quite ofter mixed in with the heather and looks stunning up on the hills. Nice shot and lots of detail not easy when its so bright :)

Back