weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

First to the theme again Shirley :) and you've kept to your favoured subject rather than going for a desktop shot that I suspect a lot of us will go for. Nicely sharp, the down on it's back is clearly visible as are the ripples. Nicely done.

Very quick off the mark, very cute duckling and very sharp photo!

Hi Shirley, Trying to catchup but its taking a while! Large is lovely that baby is so fluffy, would have been nice if they were coming towards you but they hardly ever do what you want them to.:) The house looks lovely I think you might have some competition if it was up for sale. Good shot for transport, looks like it was a bit of a grey day. This often happens to me where I have the wrong settings and by the time I have changed them the thing has gone :( The minimalistic duckling is great very sharp and I really like the ripples. Very cute too, I hope mummy was keeping a close eye :D

Transport - Missing the blur (as already said) but on theme and fine considering you weren't really prepared for it.

Minimalist - Awww, a cute duckling. Nicely captured, might have preferred a little more water and less duckling to be more 'minimalist', but still a nice shot.

Great shot of the man in the dinghy racing straight towards you!

Week 24 ~ Pure Pleasure, one chance of a photo with the two boats together, the heat was awful and it created mist, the photo had to be uplifted with Photoshop. These tall ships were visiting the bay at Porth Dinllaen, Lleyn Peninsula. I think it was Tuesday.

Visitors.jpg

Last edited:
Good photo of tall ships, but aren't they on a collision course?

Nicely done, good DoF, but I would like to see the droplet bigger. Have you given us all the pixels you've got?

Hi Shirley,

Pleasure - Nice pair of tall ships there. I feel it needs a bit of a black point though, it kind of feels washed out a bit.
However, good verticals and good crop/placement.
Tiny - Is that water or some sap based droplet? The image makes you wonder.
Face - Lovely colours. Good use of shallow DoF. (y)

Face is a great idea Shirley, real nice colours and DoF in this shot :)

Sorry but I have missed a few of yours, I'm liking the droplet shot but the fav for me is them great two ships together, the other water shot looks a bit James Bond like which is cool, but for me I just love them old ships with masts (y)

Week 27 ~ Agriculture ~ Local farmer decided last year as the price of milk to the creamery is so low to sell his own and its a great success.
Madryn Isa.jpg

Agriculture
A good bit of thinking outside of the box there. I like the combination of colours and sizes. I know a dairy farmer up your way who sold up, as it just wasn't viable to carry on.

Back