weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

Graceful
These are graceful flowers, but by God they spread like wildfire.
Fruit
Well captured, maybe a little more space below the feet would have been nice. Mind you, you've done a better job than I ever manage with wildlife.

Hi Shirley, a catch-up from me as I haven't visited for about a month.

Tiny - a lovely little droplet, perfect for the theme and colourful reflection.
Face - great idea. I love these pretty little flowers and they always make me think of faces.
Agriculture - good idea, nice range of colours, and the frame is a neat addition.
Graceful - spot on for this theme with that lovely graceful curve and the warm colours.
Fruit - good catch, and he certainly seems to be filling his face! (y)

Thanks Dave, a good mile away it was, from the cliff path, across two fields up the top of a road and that is why its not as sharp as it could be, but its on theme and I have an idea for piece.:)

Hi Shirley - sorry I've missed so many of your shots - I got very behind commenting! I like the sharp face of your viola and nicely focussed water droplet, but I think the composition of your speedboat makes it my favourite shot so far. The golf buggy is a great find, but just too far away I think.

Hi Shirley - sorry I've missed so many of your shots - I got very behind commenting! I like the sharp face of your viola and nicely focussed water droplet, but I think the composition of your speedboat makes it my favourite shot so far. The golf buggy is a great find, but just too far away I think.
Thanks Emja, the buggy was too far away, if we ever have a re-shoot:DI'll give vehicle another go.

Week 31 ~ Piece ~ a piece of pottery from long ago found in the soil, I pick them out as they are always different and interesting. Most of them are willow pattern, as they are in fields maybe from the farm house.
Piece of history.jpg

Hi Shirley, I'm way behind but I've had a good look through, you've got some excellent choices for the themes, love your viola for Face, they do have little faces don't they! Blackbird is excellent too, that's a real good close up. Agree with Emma about Vehicle its a tad too far away to get the definition. Interesting find with the pottery for Piece, it's nice to think about the history of these things.

When I was a kid growing up in Stoke-on-Trent we used to head over to the shraff tip (piles of broken pottery from the potbanks) near my grandma's to collect the best bits to play with. Those places would be cordoned off with barbed wire these days!

Hi Shirley,

Graceful - A many horned shoe there I feel, and a little on the soft side perhaps?
Fruit - Good action shot. Focus is good and he stands out from the background :)
Vehicle - Is this a crop? It feels like you're at the limit of what your camera / lens combination can be pushed to. I suspect that if you could have gotten closer, there would be more definition.
Ah, just seen your comment to Dave, perhaps a job for the zoom controls that you insert into trainers / boots.
Piece - Are you sure it's not pre-historic celtic? I find it interesting that it's obviously in focus (judging from the texture), yet appears blurred due to the low quality of the artwork.
Contrast - Nice. I like the composure, background and sharpness. I think the instagram crop works well.

Hi Shirley,

Graceful - A many horned shoe there I feel, and a little on the soft side perhaps?
Fruit - Good action shot. Focus is good and he stands out from the background :)
Vehicle - Is this a crop? It feels like you're at the limit of what your camera / lens combination can be pushed to. I suspect that if you could have gotten closer, there would be more definition.
Ah, just seen your comment to Dave, perhaps a job for the zoom controls that you insert into trainers / boots.
Piece - Are you sure it's not pre-historic celtic? I find it interesting that it's obviously in focus (judging from the texture), yet appears blurred due to the low quality of the artwork.
Contrast - Nice. I like the composure, background and sharpness. I think the instagram crop works well.
It is very interesting with the piece, I don't know how I could find out.
The vehicle, I was far too far away almost a good mile, I should really have done a re-shoot with it.
Thanks for posting good comments.

Without a reference things can look completely different to how they actually are.
Judging by the hairs, that is a really small tomato.
Clarity is really good.

Now onto how to improve it potentially. (This is something I'm guilty of missing)
Edge Patrol !
Bottom left you have a couple of intrusions into the frame. Two minutes with the healing brush or clone tool would remove them, thus removing distractions.

Hi Shirley :)

Sorry I am a few behind...

Piece - Well you sure could not get closer to the theme that's for sure, and a nice background it is on too :)

Contrast - That works very well, you have done a grand job of the background, and lovely detail and colour of the flower too (y)

Re-shoot 'Tiny' - I cant quite work out what it is and something to compare it to may have been handy, but still as you say the hairs must be tiny indeed :)

Week 33 ~ Clean/ed ~ Very tricky, the bright daylight with dark kitchen, electric light didn't make much difference. It is the stainless steel sink unit that is the star of the show. It sparkles in the right place.

@Dark Knight , one for you on the window sill, a very tiny tomato,:) if I crop it become a medium sized tomato, then bigger and biggerClean.jpg very tiny.jpg

I really like that Shirley. The central position of the plant pot on the windowsill works really well with the central composition. The contrasty light gives it a sort of retro feel I think, and the shade from the curtains makes a vignette to show off the sparkly steel. Very nice (y)

Back