weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

There is a big grey house to the right of the photo and my house is just a little further back from that one. Its been home since 1966. Its Morfa Nefyn.
Thanks Clive.

Last edited:
Beautiful landscape Shirley ... lucky you. Excellent take on the theme and how appropriate to the song and the singer as well.

What a lovely view and definitely very green:) Not sure I would want to live in the house at the bottom of the cliff though, it looks a bit too close to the water. You're just across the water from me and I know how wild that sea can be:D

Nice landscape, and well composed shot!

Great song.

I'd usually say too much empty FG, but on this occasion it assists the theme :)

Cheers.
I thought that too but I thought should I crop it out and bring more sea or village then the theme is lost. With this Lumix camera it covers the whole photo in bringing more sharpness. Thanks for posting Andy.

Really like the highlights on the blades of grass Shirley :)

Lovely shot Shirley, like the lot of it plus would love to live in the house at the bottom, good clear sharp photo.

Nice landscape, and well composed shot!

A great start with this image and I know the song :banana::banana:, lovely bright green grass nicely composed well done.
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments.(y)

Off to a flying start Shirley, very Welsh (y)

Great contrast of the green grass and the blue sea.
You don't see it at first, but the inclusion of the buildings really does give you a sense of the scale of the landscape you've captured.
(y)

Thanks Emma,Tim and Chris.
Glad you like it. I was standing in the car park of Nefyn golf course and the view is fantastic. On a clear day the hills of Wicklow can be seen.

Week 1 ~ Order
Popped into a knitting shop with sister (Jane) from now on. Waiting for Jane to buy wool, suddenly noticed all these cottons hanging in order and with permission took a photo. Ended up buying a ball of wool to knit a snood. o_O Good job we didn't go into a jewellery shop.:D
To the photo, very hard to get it perfectly straight.
Hang in order by shirleyr2009, on Flickr

Nothing like spinning a yarn is there ( sorry :coat: )

The second one is much better, Shirley, you haven't cropped out the tops of the "subjects" plenty of colour too :)

POV, Point Of View, you are not 100% straight on to the image, giving it a slightly slanted look.

Nothing like spinning a yarn is there ( sorry :coat: )

The second one is much better, Shirley, you haven't cropped out the tops of the "subjects" plenty of colour too :)

POV, Point Of View, you are not 100% straight on to the image, giving it a slightly slanted look.

Yes definitely the second one Shirley, great idea, I love all those colours.
Thanks you two, it is slanted. There was a window live photo gallery that I had once and in that you could click on straighten and it would do it for you, I can't use the straighten on Corel.
All in all I too like the colours.(y)

That's very colourful and nicely arranged and in order. I prefer the 2nd shot it seems to have more impact. Jus a wee pity the shot is not 100% straight on.

The second is definitely better - great subject that you found :) You just have to be really straight on to the subject when taking the shot for these or your verticals and horizontals get all messed up - not easy!

I also prefer the second one and love all those colours.
Thanks Stan, Emma and A, then its the second one, the one that is not alter in the Corel photoshop. Thanks for the comments. Emma, I know your right I just took a few quicks shots and stepped away from the counter.

Last edited:
Back