weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

Hi Shirley

Song title ... really nice colour and compo.(y)

Order... first one has slightly richer colour.

I had to do a double take Shirley, when I first saw your shot I thought that @Greedier had done a double post.
Your image is what I initially thought his was... Threads.

The first one for me.
Nicely done, vibrant with good white & black points and horizontal horizontals. :)
Whereas the PoV of the second doesn't work as well (in my opinion anyway).

I like that colourful photo, I prefer the straightened version. But: I can't see any too much order there :confused:

The thing with the two photos, they are both the same but different:D

Hi Shirley,

My first visit to your 52, you've got off to a good start

Week 0 - What a view to have by your home. Lovely shot and fits the song well.

Week 1 - I prefer the first shot as I'm not keen on the gap at the top in the second shot and the colours seem a bit more vibrant in the first one. I'm interested in what order they have put them, I would have assumed it would be in colour order but that obviously isn't the case.

Song Title - Your Picture is spot on for the song you have chosen lovely landscape.
Order - I like the cropped version best great colours and reat choice for the theme.

Week 2 ~ Comfort ~ After numerous attempts, impossible to do a close crop as I have discovered the house is crooked.
The reason for this photo is, when approching the house in the dark it is usually pitch black but when I see the light in the window with my flowers and trinkets is makes me feel very comfortable. There is a little cushion with Home on it.
Comfort.jpg

Last edited:
Plain and simple, works well Shirley :)

Yes, definitely get a sense of welcome and comfort from that warm glow in the window.

Thanks for the comments, Week 3 ~ Hairy ~ A Welsh Alpaca, a most hairy creature. There are Welsh Mountain sheep and even long-haired Goat but if you know where to look, amongst the rocks sometimes if your lucky there are a few Alpacas to be seen. To-day not only an Alpaca but blue sky.
Alpaca Borth - y-Gest by Shirley Roulston, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments, Week 3 ~ Hairy ~ A Welsh Alpaca, a most hairy creature. There are Welsh Mountain sheep and even long-haired Goat but if you know where to look, amongst the rocks sometimes if your lucky there are a few Alpacas to be seen. To-day not only an Alpaca but blue sky.
Alpaca Borth - y-Gest by Shirley Roulston, on Flickr
So would I but missed them out with using a long lens from the car. Next time, its a bit difficult parking on a hill with double white lines and the driver shouting down my ear to hurry up, men, always impatient:eek:

I didn't realise there were free roaming Alpaca in Wales Shirley.

Nice spotted well captured
(I won't mention the feet, that's been covered :) )

I didn't realise there were free roaming Alpaca in Wales Shirley.

Nice spotted well captured
(I won't mention the feet, that's been covered :) )
They are not really free roaming, they belong to someone like a sheep farmer, these belong to an alpaca farmer.:D

Well! no, they have a fenced off area I think, because they are always in the same place.

they have a fenced off area I think, because they are always in the same place.
Awww poor little Paca :(
BTW how did you know that one was called Al?

Its name must be Alison cause there is a feeding thing hanging down. Its very expensive alcapa wool, my friend Maragaret knitting a cardy for a baby but the baby grew and the cardy was return too small and unpicked and another ball was added to the cardy but alas when the cardy was sent back the baby had grown again and the cardy was too small. After 4 attempts the cardy at last fitted, with a cost of £8 per ball 6 balls it took. That's £48.
This was the same Margaret who said she had a Redwing in her garden, took my camera only to find it was dead cause its head was missing and after I just pointed at where the head should have been the reply was its still a red wing. It takes all sortso_O
Awww poor little Paca :(
BTW how did you know that one was called Al?

Nice alpaca there Shirley. They have alpaca farms in Spain too.

its still a red wing.
Of course the "head" has no baring on the "Wing" does it?
Now, had it been called a "Red head" that would be a different matter :D

Window works well for comfort. (y)

The alpaca could be better focused, looks grainy too. o_O

Great idea with the window shot, work very well.

And the alpaca works well for hairy, although it seems to be a bit mangy...

Great idea with the window shot, work very well.

And the alpaca works well for hairy, although it seems to be a bit mangy...
I think the Alpaca is a bit old or its the windy welsh weather. Thanks for posting.

Week 4 ~ Smooth ~ Back into the greenhouse trying to get a decent bubble to pass the open door to get a decent dof. Then onto Corel to try and for once not allowing the edge of the bubble to stand out more to blend into the background to make one whole smooth picture.
I've changed my edit to yes, do be gentle.
Smooth as a bubble.jpg

Great shot, can't have been easy to capture. I like the reflections in the bubble and the OOF background.

Looks like you've chosen a difficult task for this one and it's come out great, well done. (y)

Back