Short-eared Owl with vole

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
SEO-Flickr-MG0243-1024.jpg

One from a very cold morning down on the Carr, a Short-eared Owl with a Vole breakfast.

The murky conditions were not the best, so shutter speeds were very low ( not good when using a 500f4LIS ) hence the tail blur on the vole, so that's the excuses over, here are the techs.

7D, 500f4LIS +1.4TC, WWS Bean Bag

1/60th @ f6.3 +1 stop iso800 Full Frame and not Baited

Thanks for the feedback on the Little Owl and thanks for looking.

Andy...:)

An important catch for the hunter and a beautiful
one for you with the frost that adds a graphically
to the shot!

wow 1/60th sec is slow, I think given the conditions this shot is bang on
Les

Thanks very much, Guys (y)

Did you forget to update your watermark details, or is this from 2012?

Ey up, Wez...yes, it is from 2012, I have recently been reworking some images in Lightroom, but not this one :)

(y)

It's really nice to see that it's worth holding on to the raw files, so that as PP technology changes, we can all have a stab at re-inventing our pics! :)

That's so true, Wez...I used to use Photoshop CS2 and quite a few of my older images were processed using that platform, but I can process far better quality images now using Lightroom and PSE 10.

super well done

I've really enjoyed (with envious eyes) the many flight shots of SEOs this year, but this is the first one with a catch - excellent (also enjoyed with envious eyes!)

Great shot! Was going to say I'm sure it's not like that at Potteric Carr now (if that's the Carr you're talking about)!!!

Great shot! Was going to say I'm sure it's not like that at Potteric Carr now (if that's the Carr you're talking about)!!!

Thanks Chris...no, not Potteric but what used to be Worlaby Carr.

View attachment 56345

One from a very cold morning down on the Carr, a Short-eared Owl with a Vole breakfast.

The murky conditions were not the best, so shutter speeds were very low ( not good when using a 500f4LIS ) hence the tail blur on the vole, so that's the excuses over, here are the techs.

7D, 500f4LIS +1.4TC, WWS Bean Bag

1/60th @ f6.3 +1 stop iso800 Full Frame and not Baited

Thanks for the feedback on the Little Owl and thanks for looking.

Andy...:)
This was mentioned in a post the other day and I was hoping to see it - well worth the wait I have to say...stunning shot!
You have a great talent for taking amazing photographs which I really appreciate.

This was mentioned in a post the other day and I was hoping to see it - well worth the wait I have to say...stunning shot!
You have a great talent for taking amazing photographs which I really appreciate.

Thanks very much, Chris, that is a very kind thing to say and is greatly appreciated...I think it was a different shot that was mentioned the other day ( which is a million times better than this one ;) ) but it's a fair few pages back I think.

Back