Short-eared Owl

Oh boy what a wonderful image.

You can see how the owl looks to be alert to all of what is happening around him/her.

lovely close up

Lovely perched image with spot on 'eye contact' .

There is the added environmental impact of the barbed wire that IMO adds to the story ~ as in, the owl is free to fly.........but the poor bug*ers in the field are trapped!

Thanks BB... I've been environmentally impacted by barbed wire on more than one occasion ☹️

Yep good old Worlaby it was the best place in this country for Shortys I have seen 24 birds in the sky at once ? What a site and the farmer just got rid of them A top shot Andy I just love them

Oh! can you expand on that I have made bold? Is the SEO not a protected species..............................therefore what did the farmer do to get rid of them??? :(

Their was a big argument and a Petition to stop it but failed natural England was involved and the fences was pulled up and the fields plough up no food so they stopped coming

Ah! unfortunate but glad it was not some sort of 'pest' control exercise/method...... though of course a change to the foraging & feeding area pattern could affect their 2020 breeding success???

Yep good old Worlaby it was the best place in this country for Shortys I have seen 24 birds in the sky at once ? What a site and the farmer just got rid of them A top shot Andy I just love them

Thanks Kev...it was indeed the best site in the country for Short-eared Owl and very good for Hen Harrier too, along with good views of Kestrel, Peregrine, Merlin and Barn Owl, such a shame it was put back to the plough, a real loss.

Cheers Kev (y)

Thanks Les...although the wire does bug me a little I can live with it on this image, I no longer have the patience for any image processing that takes longer than 5 minutes :)

Cheers Kev (y)

Thanks Les...although the wire does bug me a little I can live with it on this image, I no longer have the patience for any image processing that takes longer than 5 minutes :)

It doesn't bother me either Andy- its all part of country life fella :)

Photos on here of this bird never fail to impress me..same with this one . Wonderful detail. (y)

Back