Short Eared Owls

.... and that's how it's done, awesome Mike.

Those eyes. They are right on target all the time. Just superb.

Top shots,Mike. As mentioned by Roger, the eyes have it :)

Cracking shots Mike (y)

I like the stump shot if I'm honest Mike love the other too, but I see so many shorties in flight it's nice getting other images
Ha and yup cool light with a wildlife subject and time tis a juggle isn't it.

A question mate eye colour is the variance down to processing? how the camera renders. Stumpy's:D eyes look a bit too orange to me???

TFS

stu

Amazing photography
Love the eyes :)
Terrific images.
.... and that's how it's done, awesome Mike.
Brilliant
Perfect, great photography....
Those eyes. They are right on target all the time. Just superb.
Great shots
Top shots,Mike. As mentioned by Roger, the eyes have it :)
Very nice indeed m8
Cracking shots Mike (y)
Both great shots, Mike - but the flight "spotted you" shot is a real cracker (y)

Russ

thanks everyone, comments appreciated as always

I like the stump shot if I'm honest Mike love the other too, but I see so many shorties in flight it's nice getting other images
Ha and yup cool light with a wildlife subject and time tis a juggle isn't it.

A question mate eye colour is the variance down to processing? how the camera renders. Stumpy's:D eyes look a bit too orange to me???

TFS

stu

Hi Stu, I noticed the difference as well. I didn't make any differences in the colours in PP. It is a different bird and the second one was in dimmer light, but apart form that I have no explanation

Mike

I think it's the light Mike?? more than individual birdz iris variation............ I went off looking at my own shorties as a result,not really draw a conclusion as of yet.

cheers

Hi Stu, I noticed the difference as well. I didn't make any differences in the colours in PP. It is a different bird and the second one was in dimmer light, but apart form that I have no explanation

Mike

I think it's the light Mike?? more than individual birdz iris variation............ I went off looking at my own shorties as a result,not really draw a conclusion as of yet.

cheers

I've seen this before where the eyes can look a slightly different colour and think it could be down to iris size

If you look at the 1st shot, whilst the bird is hunting, the iris looks smaller. In the 2nd shot the bird is in more of a defence pose, tufts slightly raised and iris enlarged,makes them look more aggressive just my thoughts :)

Back