Shorties still going strong

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
I expected the shorties to be on there way home but they still about, or at least were on Saturday :)

Unfortunately the sun is facing you in the afternoon so makes it hard work trying to get a shot that not blown or half in shadow

I didn't have a lot of time but managed a few shots before I left

Short-Eared-Owl by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

I just love watching them and missed them this winter :( they are mesmerising and could watch them all day

Super set mick

Well done Mick, good detail. I take it this is Parkgate? If so, then in the afternoon if you are lucky, walk up to the golf course and if the gods are smiling you may get one in the golf course with the sun directly behind you.

Nonetheless, I do like the first one with the light coming through the feathers

Mike

Lovely set Mick, captured well with good detail. I'm hoping my locals will still be around this weekend.

lovely set

Well done Mick, good detail. I take it this is Parkgate? If so, then in the afternoon if you are lucky, walk up to the golf course and if the gods are smiling you may get one in the golf course with the sun directly behind you.

Nonetheless, I do like the first one with the light coming through the feathers

Mike

Cheers Mike yes Parkgate, The last couple of times I have visited they have been around the carpark and pub area. I did and have tried walking further down but as you say it all in the lap of the gods, I seem to pick a day when they have performed amazingly the day before or do so the day after? You can't win them all and at least got something to try and improve on next winter :)

Cracking set- I have not seen shorties on my patch since 2017

:Les

Back