Wild Shortlisted for the British Photography Awards

Congratulations on making the shortlist, its a stunning photograph

A wide angle lens?

The low PoV and slight 'distortion' giving the fox an almost comic book look to it's face :)

A very effective b&w image of the urban fox.

Superb image, congratulations on the short listing :)

I am not surprised at all and very well done!

Love the lighting and the 3D look on the face.

If I am allowed any criticism my only advise would be losing a small amount of space on the left.

Thanks and I see what you mean about the space
I am not surprised at all and very well done!

Love the lighting and the 3D look on the face.

If I am allowed any criticism my only advise would be losing a small amount of space on the left.

Thanks Mike agreed about showing the environment, breaking rules is like breaking eggs, sometimes its messy and sometimes it makes an omelette :)
Congratulations Martin, lovely shot. I like the negative space on the left - breaks the 'rules' but so what? It shows the environment of the urban fox

Mike

Nice image. Just a thought, but the 4 comps I have been shortlisted for in the past prohibited me from sharing the shortlisted images until judging was finished? Are you sure you should be posting it yet?

In the e-mail they sent me, it said it was ok to share on social media and my local newspaper has done an article about it too, I have tagged British Photography Awards on twitter and instagram as well re the photo and it seems ok as they have not been in touch to tell me I am in breach of the comp rules.
I thought that as well

Well done Martin - well deserved imo!

Update folks although I did well to get shortlisted in the awards I didn't make it to be nominated but maybe next time (y) thanks to everyone for their comments, likes and votes if you voted (y)
Well done getting shortlisted anyway. Personally I don’t like these public votes where the photographer is named. It just becomes a popularity contest with the help of a photographers social media following. A photography competition should be done anonymously so it’s the best photographs that come out on top and not who has the largest following.

Back