Critique Shorty at St Marys.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I took my new 7dmk2 out for a whirl yesterday coupled with the 100-400L.

Its the first time I've been out with it and I'm not used to the AF etc. I'm pretty happy with the photos they're not as sharp as they could be but thats more me than the camera.

Saw quite a few birds yesterday while I was out so I'll put a few more up later although they will be pretty large crops so not sure on the quality.

Anyways any feedback would be good :)

Nick

Last edited:
Nosier on here than on Flickr Nick, I'm guessing this too is a large crop (I've been in the same situation recently of having to make large crops) but lovely to see the bird and catch it in some attractive light ... wish you well with the new camera and getting them to come a bit closer :)

Nosier on here than on Flickr Nick, I'm guessing this too is a large crop (I've been in the same situation recently of having to make large crops) but lovely to see the bird and catch it in some attractive light ... wish you well with the new camera and getting them to come a bit closer :)
Its not a massive crop but it is cropped a bit, mainly just to off centre the bird. It was an opportunistic shot as he burst out of the bushes as I was walking back to the car so I wasn't prepared lol. Hopefully I'll get out some more in the next couple of weeks for some more practice :)

It's a good shot, I think your technique will improve as you adjust to the 7D2 though. It takes a while to get used to it but it's a great camera for birds when you do. I really like the photo though, really good effort

Great shot Nick, you've captured it well with the open wing position and it looking back (y)

It's a good shot, I think your technique will improve as you adjust to the 7D2 though. It takes a while to get used to it but it's a great camera for birds when you do. I really like the photo though, really good effort

Cheers Chris, hopefully the start of some really fun shots :)

Great shot Nick, you've captured it well with the open wing position and it looking back (y)

Cheers Phil. I've wanted to try some bird stuff for AGES so glad to have the right gear for it now just need to up my game to make the most of it lol

Back