Shot through glass

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
something I usually find difficult :(
Always shoot with a lens hood, though glass and you just need to make sure the lens hood is tight up against the glass, and shoot as straight on as possible.
Or if shooting at an angle trough glass wrap your hand around the end of the lens (preferably with a hood on)
to exclude any outside light. even the smallest amount may well cause a reflection.
And don't shoot through glass with the sun on it from the other side, particularly off to the side, that'll give you a "back reflection"
HTH.

Nice image Les (y)

Always shoot with a lens hood, though glass and you just need to make sure the lens hood is tight up against the glass, and shoot as straight on as possible.
Or if shooting at an angle trough glass wrap your hand around the end of the lens (preferably with a hood on)
to exclude any outside light. even the smallest amount may well cause a reflection.
And don't shoot through glass with the sun on it from the other side, particularly off to the side, that'll give you a "back reflection"
HTH.

Nice image Les (y)

All very good advice Chris- thank you :)

Les

All very good advice Chris- thank you :)

Les
No worries Les, most of my Big cats are either though glass or wire, I just wasn't sure if I was teaching you to suck eggs or not :)

No worries Les, most of my Big cats are either though glass or wire, I just wasn't sure if I was teaching you to suck eggs or not :)

It out of my comfort zone shall we say - but good advice none the less

Les :)

Nice one Lez, Glass is not always your best friend but it worked for you.

Back