Show Us Your Guitars!

The retail on a standard is 1499 but the a few good deals to be had. There's numerous diffrences between them (bound neck trapezoid inlays for 2) the necks also come in 2 flavours if memory serves. There also finished in nitro and have Duffryn pickups. The one you reference is essentially an sg special. :), sg customs come in many flavours too some with 3 humbuckers

The retail on a standard is 1499 but the a few good deals to be had. There's numerous diffrences between them (bound neck trapezoid inlays for 2) the necks also come in 2 flavours if memory serves. There also finished in nitro and have Duffryn pickups. The one you reference is essentially an sg special. :), sg customs come in many flavours too some with 3 humbuckers

Hmmm Humbuckers now you're talking :D:D:D

I bought mine second hand in New York for $350.

My most expensive Axe was the Gibson 335 ES at a whopping £2,295 :confused: I wanted the BB King special but I didn't have that sort of cash- I had to P-ex a Les Paul Standard to buy the 335

Les :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a 335 years ago (1969). I much prefer the AS102 I have now.

Offer of free guitar withdrawn, The Daughter sold it to a College friend last night- sorry guys :oops: :$

Les

What size is it, Lez? I might be interested as a beater for camping.

Yes it is 39" so full size - I just checked Dean :D

As does Ronnie Krieger of the doors

Robbie Krieger. ;)

Quite fancy an SG but never got round to buying one.

That Ibby looks nice, and interesting that you'd prefer that to a vintage 335. I've found that I have a distinct preference for MIJ guitars over MIA models.

Robbie Krieger. ;)

That Ibby looks nice, and interesting that you'd prefer that to a vintage 335. I've found that I have a distinct preference for MIJ guitars over MIA models.
Autocorrect, Bane of my life. He's the reason I play guitar

Did I say it was you Barry??? sorry if you thought that

No, I would snap it up at your new price though! Our thought process was that investing slightly more should get a better guitar but at delivery cost only it puts a different light on it.

Robbie Krieger. ;)

Loving My 335 and I doubt I'd ever sell it :D

Fair enough Barry sorry COLIN- but Dean has 1st refusal ;)

I just want shut of it as it lowers the tone of my collection :D

Robbie Krieger. ;)

Yes Toni, IMO the quality of build and finish of the higher end Ibbys' is far superior to the latest 335s from Gibson these days. :eek:

Last edited:
That was a refusal, by the way. :)

I agree on 8s but 11s on a non jazz is srv territory. You need fingers if doom to get through 2 45s with those bad boys

I like to feel my strings.

Here is one of me being a rock 'n' roll guitar god (not my picture - so just a link): https://www.flickr.com/photos/15667386@N00/4874689447

And this one shows another of my favourite guitars. A Hofner President from about 1954 which our singer uses. Also shows my exquisite taste in shirts!

300x300.jpg

Steve.

Last edited:
Back