Show Us Your Guitars!

Don't say that Steve I have a Fender Telecaster too :D:D

I have a Squier Tele with a Gibson type humbucker at the neck position. I sometimes gig with it but find myself reaching for the Bigsby which isn't there. I only bought it to fit in with the cool kids!

Steve.

And here is one I built - according to the label, in 1995. Where does the time go?

It's a copy of a Selmer Modele Jazz as used by the greatest guitarist ever - Django Reinhardt.

14083823691_30e23dbf5b_c.jpg

Steve.

I have a Squier Tele with a Gibson type humbucker at the neck position. I sometimes gig with it but find myself reaching for the Bigsby which isn't there. I only bought it to fit in with the cool kids!

Steve.

Heard Good things about the Squire Brand- I'm a Gear snob so its Gibson/Fender/ Gretsch or nothing :p

Loving the home made Jobbie by the way

Les ;)

ok here you go guys.. took a few of my geets (go easy, never took pictures of them before!) this is my main guitar, i dont have any pristine instruments.. they all get gigged :D so if you want flawless this isnt it, but its perfect in my eyes :D

First up;

1. 1971 gibson les paul deluxe (converted to a std in 72)

Guitars-23May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

Guitars-37May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

Guitars-40May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

Guitars-41May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

Guitars-44May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

Guitars-43May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr
Guitars-49May 05, 2014.jpg by dark mavis, on Flickr

My god, that's got mojo oozing out of every grain.

I appreciate that, but the Paul, oh the Paul!

I have a new baby and she's hands down the most wonderful little thing I have ever played. I stubbornly refused to pick one up for ever as I was convinced I had ot have all solid acoustics, but this thing has a voice to die for. Here's a little sound clip (please excuse the dodgy playing)

14175785256_bac4bfbf3a_h.jpg

14198910495_550ac3b2d8_h.jpg

14198910525_30ffca23f1_h.jpg

14175778956_801e199860_h.jpg

Glad you like it Dean - I'd never have known it wasn't solid from the tone, and the picked parts were fine & certainly not bad at all.

Last week we had some Zimbabwean friends staying, and they wanted to take back a guitar for a son. They had the usual suspects listed to try & he'd settled on a Takamine, but we visited PMT Oxford store and tried among others, a Faith FKN. That really was head and shoulders above the other guitars in that price range (and above some of the Martins at 3X the price I'd tried a year before). Sadly he decided to go for the Tak anyway. It's interesting how sometimes a guitar can really stand out and you know 'that's the one'.

Glad you like it Dean - I'd never have known it wasn't solid from the tone, and the picked parts were fine & certainly not bad at all.

Last week we had some Zimbabwean friends staying, and they wanted to take back a guitar for a son. They had the usual suspects listed to try & he'd settled on a Takamine, but we visited PMT Oxford store and tried among others, a Faith FKN. That really was head and shoulders above the other guitars in that price range (and above some of the Martins at 3X the price I'd tried a year before). Sadly he decided to go for the Tak anyway. It's interesting how sometimes a guitar can really stand out and you know 'that's the one'.
The naked Faith range are immense guitars. I've owned several Faiths but my current Naked Venus is just incredibly toned. So open and resonant.

I'm not really a fan of acoustic instruments, but that Faith might have changed my feelings a bit (if only the fingerboard had inlays). Still using the Suzuki I bought new in the early 80s: it's been good and I've worked the poor old thing darned hard - it's on the second set of frets and inside the soundhole is splattered with my blood - but tonally it's not 'incredible'. If I can sell a couple of solids then I might think about a Faith.

I'm not really a fan of acoustic instruments, but that Faith might have changed my feelings a bit (if only the fingerboard had inlays). Still using the Suzuki I bought new in the early 80s: it's been good and I've worked the poor old thing darned hard - it's on the second set of frets and inside the soundhole is splattered with my blood - but tonally it's not 'incredible'. If I can sell a couple of solids then I might think about a Faith.
If you want fancy inlays then you have to look at the Eggle custom ones, but they are out of my price range.

You can't beat the mojo of your own blood on a guitar!

The more instruments I play the less I like fancy work. I need some kind of fingerboard inlay, but no longer care about blocks, crowns etc. Happy with a plain top, and not fussed about flame/quilt and clever binding patterns. That's not to say I don't appreciate good looks, but they won't sell me a guitar, though I am a sucker for interesting designs and would love a Backlund or 3.

The more instruments I play the less I like fancy work. I need some kind of fingerboard inlay, but no longer care about blocks, crowns etc. Happy with a plain top, and not fussed about flame/quilt and clever binding patterns. That's not to say I don't appreciate good looks, but they won't sell me a guitar, though I am a sucker for interesting designs and would love a Backlund or 3.
But the fingerboards do have inlays on the Faith guitars...

12th fret only on the one I played. :( Don't care what the inlay material is, whether plastic, clay or mother-of-toilet-seat.
They're MOP. Yes, only have inlays on the 12th. I must have imagined the others.

I have a new baby and she's hands down the most wonderful little thing I have ever played. I stubbornly refused to pick one up for ever as I was convinced I had ot have all solid acoustics, but this thing has a voice to die for. Here's a little sound clip (please excuse the dodgy playing)

14175785256_bac4bfbf3a_h.jpg

Lovely Dean

ok here you go guys.. took a few of my geets (go easy, never took pictures of them before!) this is my main guitar, i dont have any pristine instruments.. they all get gigged :D so if you want flawless this isnt it, but its perfect in my eyes :D

First up;

Oh s*** - I just fell in love.

It's like I'm dating a supermodel. I know I'm not worthy but I'm gonna ride it out as long as I can :)
I don't think many of us would be worthy of that stunner. Oh, I do bet she's wonderful to play.

I will definitely take you up on that. :)

First up;

Hey Christian, I noticed you top-wrap your bridge. Did you find it made a difference? I tried it for a while, but wasn't convinced.

Does that stop rattles? Quite a few do it (Billy Gibbons was the example I followed) and I *thought* it made bending easier too, but 10s on an LP are a pretty easy bend anyway, and I didn't really need it. I run 10s on pretty much everything, so after a strat, it's an easy bend.

basses in included?

MIA fender californian

MM SR5

SHUKER TELE BASS NO 1

there all gone now replaced by a YAM RBX270J IN METALLIC PURPLE

my first was a RIC 4003 McARTNEY STYLE..BUT RH
then
A FRETLESS MANSON

Last edited:
Back