Show us your ICM shots

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
That`s why they call it Panning and why it`s not a ICM shot.
2 different names for 2 different things.
Take it as you want m8, i`m jesting...:ROFLMAO:
So am I don't worry! Just thought I'd throw this into the thread and see what everyone thought :)

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a set from a trip on Tram 28 in Lisbon at night taken out the window. The tram created the movement I was leaning of the wife to grab these as we sped along

All shown in the order they were shot I took more but chose these for the ste of 12

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 4 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 5 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 6 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Edit My Images
No
That 2nd image is excellent.
Thanks. That was my favourite too. My husband wasn't impressed :LOL:

Thank you - it's nice to find an ICM subject that isn't a wood or a beach (speaking personally).
I agree - I can't seem to get past them though :) Think you have a great eye for what works.

OP
OP
Graham
Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Some lovely and different ICM's here of late, keep it up guys and gals.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
It is interesting how Andy goes for an exposure of about a 0.6 of a second and holds the camera stationary before "whipping" the camera to get the movement
That's a good way of mixing sharp & blurred detail, especially if you have IBIS. Personally I prefer a slightly longer exposure, as it's easier to guess how long I've got.

Edit My Images
Yes
Taking inspiration from the work of Andy Gray, without trying to copy too closely, I took these photos on holiday in the Isles of Scilly. I used Gimp software to layer multiple shots, as I haven't ever really used layers before. This is also my first proper go at ICM, having dabbled last year - and I enjoyed the unpredictability of the whole process.
My aim was to capture the mood/texture of the places.

1 Shimmering sea near Bryher (my favourite - I think)

2 Colours of the Tresco Channel - Tresco on the right, Bryher on the left.

3 Cromwell's Castle from the sea

4 Looking across the sea towards Samson from Rushy Bay on Bryher

Last edited:
Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Taking inspiration from the work of Andy Gray, without trying to copy too closely, I took these photos on holiday in the Isles of Scilly. I used Gimp software to layer multiple shots, as I haven't ever really used layers before. This is also my first proper go at ICM, having dabbled last year - and I enjoyed the unpredictability of the whole process.
My aim was to capture the mood/texture of the places.

1 Shimmering sea near Bryher (my favourite - I think)

2 Colours of the Tresco Channel - Tresco on the right, Bryher on the left.

3 Cromwell's Castle from the sea

4 Looking across the sea towards Samson from Rushy Bay on Bryher
Those are ace. Like them all but #4 is cracking. (y)

Edit My Images
No
Does zooming count as ICM?

Got myself a new RGB keyboard for the computer and as it is so colourful I thought a bit of in camera movement would be cool to capture so here's a couple of the best shots below -

Qwerty RGB by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Qwerty RGB by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
It counts for me - those are fabulous! Great idea - especially love where you can see the letters.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Some stunning work that needs printing on this thread! Back when I shot on the mamiya 6x7, I would sometimes lock on a tripod and take 30-50 exposures of the same scene. The mirror slap would introduce tiny movements on the tripod and what you'd end with would look like a dappled painting :) not sure how easy that would be with digital, but some on this thread come very close! Inspired.