Show us your ICM shots

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the idea of Intentional Camera Movement or ICM for short.
Heres two from me.

Come on, post yours here as well.

The Sea ICM by Graham, on Flickr

The Sea ICM by Graham, on Flickr

does this count ?

took this back in 1999 with my first digital camera

StZnePl.jpg

2018-02-28_10-50-42.jpg

I really like these last shots, deff worth their own thread.

Now that's a different take but really nice.

Just stumbled on this thread hoping to see inter-continental missiles.
Silly me.

Surprising how difficult this is to do, set the camera to f22, iso100 which gave me a 1/30th shutter speed on Aperture Priority, tried a couple of horizontal movements that didn't work so tried moving the camera up on continuous shooting mode... A colour and Mono conversion of the same shot...

dcm-7058.jpg

dcm-7058-bw.jpg

Surprising how difficult this is to do, set the camera to f22, iso100 which gave me a 1/30th shutter speed on Aperture Priority, tried a couple of horizontal movements that didn't work so tried moving the camera up on continuous shooting mode... A colour and Mono conversion of the same shot...

dcm-7058.jpg

dcm-7058-bw.jpg

Nice images, it seems to me ICM pictures work better when you follow the major axis in the picture, vertical movement for trees and horizontal movements for scenes such as seascapes.

Surprising how difficult this is to do
I think the thing is that there is a fairly narrow range of parameters for a sharp, well exposed photo but for things like ICM there are a lot more variables

Nice images, it seems to me ICM pictures work better when you follow the major axis in the picture, vertical movement for trees and horizontal movements for scenes such as seascapes.
:agree:

vertical movement for trees and horizontal movements for scenes such as seascapes.

It does seem to be the case, interesting how a mono conversion has a completely different feel, definitely a technique to play with in the future, it's almost like a long exposure in reverse.....

Generally I would agree, but I think it depends on the length of the exposure. I believe I posted this on another thread a while ago, but this is an exposure of around six seconds where I moved the camera in small circles. Was a very bright day but I used the lowest possible ISO, smallest aperture and a polariser and a Lee Big Stopper to get that shutter speed :)
West pier.jpg

Some lovely shots there.
As said, the colour and mono do have a different feel to them.
Is that Brighton pier ?

Is that Brighton pier ?
Yes, that is the remains of the West Pier, though there is less of it now than there was when I made the image.

I really like that Geoff - there's a much more definite texture than usually found in ICM images, and the colours work so well too.

Cool picture! Do you live in Brighton?
No, but not too far away in Bognor (someone has to!), and I go to Brighton quite regularly. My wife enjoys photographing street art and there is plenty there :)

A couple from me

This I shot as I ran away from a wave that was coming for I picked the tripod up and still had the cable release in hand so I fired a shot you know whats to lose at that point

In the wave by Alf Branch, on Flickr

From last december when the light was too low for hand hand holding and the tripod had a camera on taking a shot so I had a play in some lovely light

Parton ICM by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Not really by design, rather an aberration of hand-holding but I kind of like it as the tie knot seems to stand out. :)

icm.jpg

Back