Show us your ICM shots

Not really by design, rather an aberration of hand-holding but I kind of like it as the tie knot seems to stand out. :)

View attachment 129586
Thanks gramps for your input on this page [emoji106] lovely shot.
Glad you're bird shots ain't like this [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

For those interested in ICM it is worth looking up a photographer by the name of Andy Gray. He has his own particular way of working and particularly post-processing which gives a very Turner-esque feel to his images. He first came to my notice three years ago when he uploaded a video to Youtube showing how he works, but for the past five months has been starting up his own Youtube channel containing a lot more information. This video will give you an idea of his work and if you like it he is well worth following.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWPdZuLzPfA

Taken during a live concert…

3398%20XO.jpg

-

I took this shot of my son as we were taking positions
before they let in the people in for a Summer concert.

Olivierp.jpg

-

Last edited:

I took this shot as we were taking positions before
they let in the people in for a Summer concert.

Olivierp.jpg

-
That's the best shot I have seen from you Daniel. Well taken.

Thanks Graham! :cool:

Go figure…
  • for sure, I never though this was ever saleable
  • my son hates the shot
  • I love it, though… it's on my wall
And you say that's my best … go figure! :)

@percyp for me the second one has good elements of a coastal scene and makes for an interesting image

Another intentional camera movement shot taken in Whalley, although I have no real explanation why some parts are in focus and other parts showing the camera movement, I did two versions; first in colour and then a mono conversion...

icm-no4-3426.jpg

icm-no4-3426-bw.jpg

Thanks Toni, No, my camera, Canon 800D, doesn't have a multiple exposure function, after checking the settings which were f22, iso 100, 1.6 sec hand held, I can only assume I held the camera still enough to get the background in focus and the rest was due to camera movement... Interesting, I will have to have to try and recreate it...

Otherwise as you suggest, you pressed the shutter while holding the camera still & then moved after a moment. It looks good, regardless.

It's the first time I have seen this thread and I've enjoyed looking through. I have only tried ICM once and it's standard fare (below) but you have all given me the prompt to try it again.

16 Experiment by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr
That's a lovely shot and well worth the effort but please do give it another go and share here.

We went for a little drive yesterday into the Pre-Alps, France of course, It was a really crappy day on the coast with weather supposed to improve inland and around the Alps, well it didnt materialize and we was left with low cloud nearly all day so after lunch a nice little walk to take in nature at its best and get some nice shots, not always that easy with gloomy conditions so I thought a few ICM shots would be nice.

Alpen ICM by Graham, on Flickr

Alpen ICM by Graham, on Flickr

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I'd never heard of this technique until discovering this thread, there's some beautiful, striking images here, very interesting indeed.

So here are a few of my first attempts, hope you like them.

These first two were taken earlier today at my local RSPB reserve:

icm-str-18-11-18-1 by Gareth Bellamy, on Flickr

icm-str-18-11-18-3 by Gareth Bellamy, on Flickr

These next two were taken at night with the zoom....got a bit carried away with the processing on the second one....looks bizarre but I like it!

DFH-2 by Gareth Bellamy, on Flickr

DFH-process-1 by Gareth Bellamy, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, I'll welcome any feedback :)

Back