Show us your ICM shots

Naturally I would be only too glad to pay for any optician bills as a result of looking at it for too long!
full

....least I can do really!:D

Last edited:
Here is an unusual one. I had a 10 stop filter on the camera and was moving location and pressed the shutter before dismantled things properly so I set off walking taking a 60 second exposure on the way. The camera was intentionally moved about 20 metres

Whitehaven harbour sunset ICM by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here is an unusual one. I had a 10 stop filter on the camera and was moving location and pressed the shutter before dismantled things properly so I set off walking taking a 60 second exposure on the way. The camera was intentionally moved about 20 metres

Whitehaven harbour sunset ICM by Alf Branch, on Flickr
That Alf is probably the best i have ever seen from you, joking aside, it's actually very nice.

FERRYBRIDGE POWER STATION - I guess I could wax lyrical in an arty sort of way to give this shot meaning, but in reality its just me messing about as my wife drove us home last night :D

For anyone's photo interest - 50mm f4 400 ISO and 1 sec exposure, so we traveled approx 100ft during this exposure :D

David Goodier Photography -029 TP.jpg

Dave

This is very nice, one for the wall i think.
Well done.
That's very kind. I realised after posting that maybe a bit of sky needs to be cropped off. I might print it off at A4 size and see how it looks.

I got a few funny looks as I stood there swooping my camera from left to right :LOL:

The February theme for FPOTY 19 was "Abstract and odd", and I decided I wanted to have another try at ICM, which I first dabbled with a couple of years ago. The tricky part was, it had to be on film (the F in FPOTY). I went out on a nice day to a local wood, and shot a whole film, but as I went to change film at the end, I discovered I'd misloaded the film and had taken... nothing at all! Luckily another reasonable day came up a few days later, and I was able to try again. I reloaded the same film (Agfa Vista 400), bodged up a 2-stop ND filter from two Cokin grads in opposing directions, and by setting +2 EC I was able to get shutter times between half and two seconds.

1) This was my FPOTY entry, "Ghostly embrace"; I wanted the most abstract and odd!

R1-09872-0028 by Chris R, on Flickr

2) This one I also liked, although I rejected it as a bit too obvious what it was

R1-09872-0030 by Chris R, on Flickr

3) Finally, this one seems to have been quite popular when I showed it as one that didn't make the cut. I don't remember how I made this; I suspect with a very rapid zoom while the shutter was open, but not at all sure.

R1-09872-0023 by Chris R, on Flickr

Its quite nerve-wracking, shooting off a whole roll of film and facing £6 of processing charges without any real idea of what you've got. But I really quite enjoy it. One thing that intrigues me (apart from how different the images are from anything I could have possibly imagined) is how intense the colours can be. I have no idea why this is.

One thing with film that might help is the reciprocity failure, which will have greater effect in the darker areas, so the light can have more influence... maybe!

The February theme for FPOTY 19 was "Abstract and odd", and I decided I wanted to have another try at ICM, which I first dabbled with a couple of years ago. The tricky part was, it had to be on film (the F in FPOTY). I went out on a nice day to a local wood, and shot a whole film, but as I went to change film at the end, I discovered I'd misloaded the film and had taken... nothing at all! Luckily another reasonable day came up a few days later, and I was able to try again. I reloaded the same film (Agfa Vista 400), bodged up a 2-stop ND filter from two Cokin grads in opposing directions, and by setting +2 EC I was able to get shutter times between half and two seconds.

1) This was my FPOTY entry, "Ghostly embrace"; I wanted the most abstract and odd!

R1-09872-0028 by Chris R, on Flickr

2) This one I also liked, although I rejected it as a bit too obvious what it was

R1-09872-0030 by Chris R, on Flickr

3) Finally, this one seems to have been quite popular when I showed it as one that didn't make the cut. I don't remember how I made this; I suspect with a very rapid zoom while the shutter was open, but not at all sure.

R1-09872-0023 by Chris R, on Flickr

Its quite nerve-wracking, shooting off a whole roll of film and facing £6 of processing charges without any real idea of what you've got. But I really quite enjoy it. One thing that intrigues me (apart from how different the images are from anything I could have possibly imagined) is how intense the colours can be. I have no idea why this is.

One thing with film that might help is the reciprocity failure, which will have greater effect in the darker areas, so the light can have more influence... maybe!

Really like these! I’d put them on the wall.

I remember bodging my film loading and the huge disappointment when I realised - one time was travel shots in Istanbul in the 70s which was just devastating.

I like the idea of Intentional Camera Movement

When we used to receive our 126 / 110 film format prints back from Truprint, Boots or whoever back in the '70s showing our school trip / family holiday; were we not seriously dissapointed with images like these?…..I must have thrown litterally hundreds away.

Really like these! I’d put them on the wall.

I remember bodging my film loading and the huge disappointment when I realised - one time was travel shots in Istanbul in the 70s which was just devastating.

Thanks Bebop. It's a long time since I had such a disappointment as you describe, although in the late 60s I passed through Athens and went up the Acropolis with my all-manual Werra 1 viewfinder zone focus camera. I sill have the negatives, and have scanned them in, but every single shot is focused at about 3 feet (where none of the subjects were!). :(

When we used to receive our 126 / 110 film format prints back from Truprint, Boots or whoever back in the '70s showing our school trip / family holiday; were we not seriously dissapointed with images like these?…..I must have thrown litterally hundreds away.

I think my earlier failures were altogether of a different kind... since I have all the negatives from when I was 21, I've looked at many dodgy shots and rarely thought "wait, that's interesting"!

That`s why they call it Panning and why it`s not a ICM shot.
2 different names for 2 different things.
Take it as you want m8, i`m jesting...:ROFLMAO:

Back