Show us your ICM shots

That`s why they call it Panning and why it`s not a ICM shot.
2 different names for 2 different things.
Take it as you want m8, i`m jesting...:ROFLMAO:

So am I don't worry! Just thought I'd throw this into the thread and see what everyone thought :)

Here is a set from a trip on Tram 28 in Lisbon at night taken out the window. The tram created the movement I was leaning of the wife to grab these as we sped along

All shown in the order they were shot I took more but chose these for the ste of 12

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 4 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 5 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lisbon Tram 28 ICM 6 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Three from Saturday...

9999 and other ICM's - all taken at Southport, the first was a down to up movement, the others were left to right...

sunset-icm-6043.jpg

sunset-icm-6035.jpg

sunset-icm-6038.jpg

Some lovely and different ICM's here of late, keep it up guys and gals.

It is interesting how Andy goes for an exposure of about a 0.6 of a second and holds the camera stationary before "whipping" the camera to get the movement

That's a good way of mixing sharp & blurred detail, especially if you have IBIS. Personally I prefer a slightly longer exposure, as it's easier to guess how long I've got.

Taking inspiration from the work of Andy Gray, without trying to copy too closely, I took these photos on holiday in the Isles of Scilly. I used Gimp software to layer multiple shots, as I haven't ever really used layers before. This is also my first proper go at ICM, having dabbled last year - and I enjoyed the unpredictability of the whole process.
My aim was to capture the mood/texture of the places.

1 Shimmering sea near Bryher (my favourite - I think)

2 Colours of the Tresco Channel - Tresco on the right, Bryher on the left.

3 Cromwell's Castle from the sea

4 Looking across the sea towards Samson from Rushy Bay on Bryher

Last edited:
Those have come out VERY well indeed, Chris @percyp . I also envy you the time in the Scillies!

Taking inspiration from the work of Andy Gray, without trying to copy too closely, I took these photos on holiday in the Isles of Scilly. I used Gimp software to layer multiple shots, as I haven't ever really used layers before. This is also my first proper go at ICM, having dabbled last year - and I enjoyed the unpredictability of the whole process.
My aim was to capture the mood/texture of the places.

1 Shimmering sea near Bryher (my favourite - I think)

2 Colours of the Tresco Channel - Tresco on the right, Bryher on the left.

3 Cromwell's Castle from the sea

4 Looking across the sea towards Samson from Rushy Bay on Bryher

Those are ace. Like them all but #4 is cracking. (y)

Does zooming count as ICM?

Got myself a new RGB keyboard for the computer and as it is so colourful I thought a bit of in camera movement would be cool to capture so here's a couple of the best shots below -

Qwerty RGB by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Qwerty RGB by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
It counts for me - those are fabulous! Great idea - especially love where you can see the letters.

Some stunning work that needs printing on this thread! Back when I shot on the mamiya 6x7, I would sometimes lock on a tripod and take 30-50 exposures of the same scene. The mirror slap would introduce tiny movements on the tripod and what you'd end with would look like a dappled painting :) not sure how easy that would be with digital, but some on this thread come very close! Inspired.

Back