Show us your Nikon 105 macro shots

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Show us the images you managed to capture with your Nikon 105 macro pls

Andrew, here's a couple to illustrate a point made in the other thread ........ at f13, f4.8, f8, f2.8

they are "close ups" more than "macros"

but I use mine for portraits as well as general shots ...... really good

f13

f13.jpg

f4.8

f4.8.jpg

and f8

f8.jpg

f8

Unsure_2.jpg

f2.8
BB_1_f2.8.jpg

Last edited:
Did u crop any these? Any adaptors?

Did u crop any these? Any adaptors?

Morning Andrew

They would all have been crops to greater or lessor degrees

no adaptors ......... but not sure what you mean? ... all taken with DSLR's .........I only use the FT-1 adaptor with the V1 which can be good for "close ups" as you can fill the frame and get a "full pixel" image ..... i.e. the image from the V1 is bigger than the cropped image from the DSLR.

for close ups I tend to use the Nikon 300mm f4 more than the 105mm

Morning Bill

Did you macro flash on those at all as they are good indeed pal.. I am still learning this sort of thing.

Morning Bill

Did you macro flash on those at all as they are good indeed pal.. I am still learning this sort of thing.

no flash ........ I am thinking about buying a cheapish ring flash one of those Chinese ones ...... and modifying a Nikon Flash I have

Plenty of experts on here ....... look through the many macro threads for set up ideas .. really good

but as you indicated the 105mm is good for portraits and I use it a lots "in the street' as the lens I have on when walking around

It is worth getting as I feel that it is versatile, very sharpe, f2.8 is good and well built with VR

but guys on here say the Sigma one is just as good - if you are looking check the spec as there are a few models ........ and it is cheaper, certainly used, and I think that there is one on here for sale as well as a used Nikon

Last edited:
Some good images here folks. Will have to get cracking with it

Funny enough I done one like that this morning :)

Back