Showing the file name on an image that has been exported from Lightroom CC in Explorer

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Is their a way of showing the file name on images when they have been exported from Lightroom in Explorer. i.e. I am trying to set up a gallery so a client can see and choose by file name their images, however their doesn't seem to be a way of doing this in Lightroom unless you do it with a PDF folder which I don't want to do, the other option is to name the files individually which will take ages. your thoughts please. Many thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Do you mean like a watermark?

Do you mean like a watermark?

Showing like a watermark yes, however the only thing in using a watermark method would be they wouldn't go in sequence so again you would have to do them all individually i.e. 1-100.

It's possible to do as a slideshow and save as a PDF but that's not something I don't want to do, I need to get them onto my website and show the individual numbers on each image, it was possible with my old website but not with the new one (Squarespace)

If you want to make the filename part of the image itself as a watermark on the initial copy supplied to the client, you can do this in batch mode with XnView: https://www.xnview.com

Edit: The filename it uses will be whatever filename the image has now - there's no need to do this individually if you're happy to give the client the original filename. Select several images from the XnView browser and go to Tools->Batch Processing. Select an output directory under the General tab, then go to the Transformations tab and select Add Text. Click the Add> button and under Parameters click >> and select Filename. Adjust font, colour and position as required, then click Go.

Last edited:
If you want to make the filename part of the image itself as a watermark on the initial copy supplied to the client, you can do this in batch mode with XnView: https://www.xnview.com

Ok thanks I will take a look, will this file name from say 1-100 without having to put in each file name individually though ?

I may have edited my reply after you read it. Yes, if the filenames are already 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg etc., then you'll see 1, 2 or 3 etc. in the output images.

If you look in the export dialog box under file naming there are a miriad of choices regarding the filename and sequence

If you look in the export dialog box under file naming there are a miriad of choices regarding the filename and sequence
Are you talking about Lightroom here ?

You may be able to do this with the Mogrify plugin.

Yes I realize you can add or change file names, however what I am talking about here is actually displaying the file name on the image, so when you put it on a website it's easily recognizable, you don't seem to be able to do this in Lightroom without obviously doing each image individually and writing it on.

Back