Showjumping - some more alternative processing

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
My first post in this new, dedicated sports section :p
Two more alternatively processed shots from a recent event. Not as good as my fist shot in the last thread but I still quite like them.

C&C welcome & appreciated (y)

Showjumping_03.jpg

Showjumping_021.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

very dramatic effect
would like to know what you did
seems to work, especially for the horses!

Nearly as good! Maybe the wrong shots rather than the processing Mike. Still really like them though. I sent your original to Mr LL's cousin [hope you dont mind], who has been a rider for years, breeding and owning too, and she loved them as an idea, a bit different to the usual run of the mill photographs. So another thumbs up by proxy I think :LOL:

I did finally get my head round your explaination [the 50% gray fill layer was confusing me originally], and whilst I need to practice it, and find appropriate images to have a go on, I see now how you are acheiving it, and its quite 'labour intensive' [plugins? PAH!! for wusses] so well done for producing these images.

Thanks again Yvonne, think these are a tad too dark to withstand the shadow depth tbh - a nice sky in the background makes all the difference.
Tis indeed labour intensive, I don't like the lack of control that plugins.. erm... lack :LOL:
Thanks to Mr.LL's cousin for the feedback too (y)

:clap: Had to come in here for a looksee! even though I'm not interested in sports pics.

Mike you really need to do a step by step, I know you said it involves a lot of fiddling with the level in each adjustment but can you do the basics so's I can get to grips with it, pretty please? :love:

Hmmmm. I'm not really sold. They seem a bit too graphic design than photo. Yes I do realise that I'm one to talk :D

The first horse doesn't look real! I like the effect on the horses but not so much on the riders face in #2.

And I still haven't figured out the PP, even after your PM. :D :bang:

Pretty weird effects, Mike I prefer #1 to #2 purely for the horse

:clap: Had to come in here for a looksee! even though I'm not interested in sports pics.

Mike you really need to do a step by step, I know you said it involves a lot of fiddling with the level in each adjustment but can you do the basics so's I can get to grips with it, pretty please? :love:

Thanks Susane, I am very busy at the moment but will see what I can do when I have some time to myself (since you asked so nicely ;))

I like these, espicially the horse in the last one!(y)

Spence

Cheers Spence (y)

Hmmmm. I'm not really sold. They seem a bit too graphic design than photo. Yes I do realise that I'm one to talk :D

:LOL: Cheers Pete

The first horse doesn't look real! I like the effect on the horses but not so much on the riders face in #2.

Shhh, it was slightly out of focus

I like them lol

Thanks (y)

Pretty weird effects, Mike I prefer #1 to #2 purely for the horse

Cheers mate (y)

In the first one, the horse looks really good to me, but the rest seems to lack behind.
In the second one, the whites are too hot and there's too many of them, so they distract me from the horse and the rider quite a bit.
I'd say aiming for less contrast might not be too bad.

Back