Showjumping

Edit My Images
Yes
Just 3 of the wife jumping today, not had much chance to play with my new 7dmkII but very pleased with it so far. One thing i am having issues with though is the exposure meter when in manual on the right of the view finder. I cannot for the life of me see it when i am out in daylight, as you can see from the pics it was quite overcast but i really cannot see the meter and whilst desperately trying to see it i am missing shots. I ended up staying in manual but setting auto iso with a bit of ec, taking a test shot and chimping to check the exposure then leave the auto iso to keep everything in check. The meter is really bothering me though as i shoot manual probably 90% of the time, it is not bright enough or bold enough in the vf for me to make out what it is reading...... Any other 7d2 users here having problems with this too?

p1962777525-5.jpg

p2016578124-5.jpg

p2009771234-5.jpg

Good set there and all well composed and taken at just the right moment. Or do you machine gun then choose the best? lol :)

One you might want to try another time for a change is sideways on to the fence with the horse halfway over.

Thanks. I've gotten pretty good at my timing now as I have been shooting her competitions for a few years now but I do usually shoot a burst of 2 or 3 in case I miss, which I do from time to time.

Yes I do like to get a bit more variation in my shots than this, a few side on and some head on etc but these were the 3 tidiest (backgrounds) fences that I could get today.

Last edited:
Thanks. I've gotten pretty good at my timing now as I have been shooting her competitions for a few years now but I do usually shoot a burst of 2 or 3 in case I miss, which I do from time to time.

Yes I do like to get a bit more variation in my shots than this, a few side on and some head on etc but these were the 3 tidiest (backgrounds) fences that I could get today.
I meant to say that I was admiring the decent backgrounds - while the subject is more important they help complete a good image. I also do a 2-3 image burst. Don't like to admit it as it should be possible with just one but in fairness it can produce a second sale at the same jump :D

Nice set but she needs to move up a class, good shoulder,elbow,knee and ankle position. Your images will look better with the horse over bigger jumps :)

Rather than start another thread, here are a few more from today.

p1954731045-5.jpg

p2009824112-5.jpg

p1955906700-5.jpg

p2091232222-5.jpg

p2121279009-5.jpg

p2029993525-5.jpg

p1994087094-5.jpg

p2129660194-5.jpg

Back