Shugpug's 1st 52 - Week 52 - Decoration - Complete!

Time - very good! I'd been thinking about doing something similar, and realised not only do you need ultra wide angle the lighting is also tricky. You've done a sterling job!

Well done and good idea for the theme. Expresses how a lot of us are feeling :)

I do like these multiple images Alex. And this is no exception.

Clever take on the theme nicely set up and processed

Thank you

Time - very good! I'd been thinking about doing something similar, and realised not only do you need ultra wide angle the lighting is also tricky. You've done a sterling job!

Thank you - I realised after I posted it that I hadn't tagged the lens - it's a 7.5mm (15mm FF equiv) Laowa, which I rather enjoy using... The lighting is just the room lighting, albeit with the nearest hanging light switched off. On reflection - I would either clone those lamps out or take from a lower PoV to get rid of them. But that would also cut out the flicker of movement in the background...

That's a great idea Alex and very nicely worked.
Nicely done triple selfie.
Well done and good idea for the theme. Expresses how a lot of us are feeling :)

Thank you - unfortunately, I seem to be working harder than I normally do... Essential worker, but the Squadron is minimising those in work unless you're scheduled to fly. But I have a laptop... :( I've only been tempted to throw it out of the window once or twice every hour!

Excelent piece of compositing there
I do like these multiple images Alex. And this is no exception.
10/10. Great take and a stunning photograph!
Clever multiple selfie Alex.
Nice idea and really well executed
Thank you for your time shot, it really made me smile so love it.

Thank you all - 3 shots, opened as layers in PS then selectively erased to show the three positions.

It's Thursday now in the UK... Just saying! Still got 2:25ish here though.

I love the multi selfie! Well processed too, but what's with the moving shadow behind the left one of you :D

I really like this.. the detail in the egg is fabulous and it really suits the high key technique. Balanced on forks like that is a great idea.

Usually see a wider shot of this but I like the close up on the egg great detail in the texture of the egg

Very nice Alex.
Bang on theme too .

I really like this.. the detail in the egg is fabulous and it really suits the high key technique. Balanced on forks like that is a great idea.
Usually see a wider shot of this but I like the close up on the egg great detail in the texture of the egg
Very nicely taken, good shot.
Great high key lighting - the texture makes it look like stone.
Great detail and lighting and a nice balancing act too
Very nice Alex.
Bang on theme too .
Lovely, high-key egg shot.
Fabulous detail in the shell and very topical!
Great capture of the detail and texture there.
Works well for the technique.
The background looks pure white, was that lighting, or background replacement in pp ?
Hi Alex

Nice thinking for the theme, lots of details in the shell.

Pete

Thanks all for the kind comments. @Allan.H - agree this is usually a wider shot, and I wanted to try something different. I tried with the egg point down. Top tip - don't... Very nearly very messy...

@LC2 - this was lighting (albeit slightly tweaked in LR). It was shot with a light tent behind it - my original intent was to shoot vertically down to see the forks going out either side (a bit like the "Mexican on a bicycle" drawing), but my tent wasn't wide enough to get the forks in (see comment to Allan about wanting to do something a bit different, but failing...) That's why the shadow / darker area is all to the side of the egg facing the camera - the lights (continuous LEDs) are on the inside front and back edges of the tent so are centrally above and behind the egg.

I love the details of the egg shell! Very successful high key shot!

Cracking image for Snappers Choice

This may be where I expose my complete lack of horticultural knowledge...

I think that this is Sagebrush - part of the Artemisia family... I'm fairly certain it's a plant, but my plant recce skills are usually limited to "tree", "grass", etc.

If it's not - I have a back up Aloe in the windowsill waiting to have it's photo taken!

Artemisia - Sagebrush by Alex Morrison, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the long exposure shot for Time passing. Great idea and well taken.
The shot of the egg is cracking! Eggcellent even :clap: So much detail in the shell and the high key treatment that you've given it is perfect.
Very nice landscape / Sagebrush image. Beautiful colours and light.

Great composition that shows of the plant and the stunning scenery.

Hmm, I find it a bit of a confusing shot really.
My eyes are drawn to the sky (and thus the mountain) as they are in the brightest part of the photo.
But it's then obvious they aren't the subject as they are not in sharp focus.
Your eye then has to work to pick the Sagebush out as it doesn't really have separation from the background.

It's a nice subject, but I think there was a better composition in there waiting to get out.
My thoughts would be to have gotten down low and used the sky or the mountain as the background, that way you'd get better separation.

YMMV.

Back