Shut up and Skate - UK Vert Series Southsea

Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from yesterdays Vert comp at Southsea skatepark.. I've been itching to get a handplant shot since I started taking skating photos.... I used to have posters on wall growing up of all the big US skaters doing handplants and big meaty airs and something about handplants has stuck with me...

All shot with a circ 8mm fisheye, flash and a lot of the time directly into the sun

Dave Allen - Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016 by Keety, on Flickr

Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016-29-2.jpg by Keety, on Flickr

Alex Griffiths - Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016 by Keety, on Flickr

Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016-20-2.jpg by Keety, on Flickr

Oakley Liddell - Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016 by Keety, on Flickr

And an arty one to finish off with that kind of has me in it...

Shut up and Skate - Southsea Skatepark 31-07-2016-39.jpg by Keety, on Flickr

All stunning. Getting the face correctly exposed with the sun facing you is never easy. Really really good shots and saleable I'm sure. Well done.

Cheers, had an absolute blast taking them (even though I had a pretty bad hangover!) ... took over 1k shots... normally I'd be binning 90% of them, but almost all of them were keepers...not really down to my skill as a photographer but the guys in the comp were totally killing it, everything was big and they were tweaking all the grabs.... got a cracking tan stood up there all day as well :)

Fun set, enjoyed looking :)

Great set and something different, well certainly for me anyway, love the shadow of the skaters on the ground in 2, 4 & 5, nice work.

Why do they all have to be
upside down to have fun? :whistle:

Cool takes! (y)

Back