Shuttleworth Comet

Edit My Images
No
Spent a nice afternoon at Shuttleworth at the weekend.

Very little experience of aviation pics but decided to make life difficult and try my hand out at slowish shutter speeds of fast moving prop planes while holding a mirrorless camera and big heavy lens!

Bloody hard work that is.

Long been fascinated by The Comet at Shuttleworth but decades since I last saw it fly so was pleased to see it in the air after taking some night pics of it a couple of years back and pleased with results I think...

Comet L2R
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

Comet L2R2

Comet R2L

Comet US

Formation

24 Years

Very nice and well done ! I really struggle to track objects without an eye piece were these photos done using an eye piece or just the back screen of the camera I wonder ?

Very nice and well done ! I really struggle to track objects without an eye piece were these photos done using an eye piece or just the back screen of the camera I wonder ?
Oh absolutely through the viewfinder. Thank you.

My first efforts on the day, swinging a big lens around at modest shutter speeds, were awful, but I got better with more practice!

I did especially want to get some pics of Grosvenor House and fortunately she went up twice!

Last edited:
I especially love the one including the Boxkite, for juxtaposition. I would so so love to fly any of those aeroplanes too!
Nice set and interesting to hear of the learning process - I must try the same sometime.

Back