Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking at this lens as a future purchase to use on my Nikon D50.

Has anybody got one of these on the D50 or D70? If so what are your views on it. Whilst I would like Nikon glass I can't afford or justify the price.

Just out of interest I have located the following prices for this bit of kit off the net. I will have to add on the price of a filter for protection but this is what I have found so far.

One Stop (Used them before and they seem good) are £291 incl delivery

Bristol Cameras £289 + del

Warehouse Ex - £319 + delivery.

BobR

Jessops sell it at £334.99 (with free delivery)

Using discount code CPB10PC you can get 10% off, making it £301.49 (+ free delivery) Looks like a 2-3 week wait though:(

CPB10PC code works with any camera equipment (except DSLRs)

Warspite said:
Jessops sell it at £334.99 (with free delivery)

Using discount code CPB10PC you can get 10% off, making it £301.49 (+ free delivery) Looks like a 2-3 week wait though:(

CPB10PC code works with any camera equipment (except DSLRs)

That looks good. I am more than happy to wait. Thanks for the heads up.(y)

Bob - Hi - I have this lens on a D50 but haven't had much chance to get out & about with it (recovering from spinal surgery)
I used it on this pic of my car which stands up well to close inspection (of the original)
photo_zoom.gne

I got mine from One-Stop & had it within 3 days of purchase (y)
HTH - Paul ;)

PaulBoy said:
Bob - Hi - I have this lens on a D50 but haven't had much chance to get out & about with it (recovering from spinal surgery)
I used it on this pic of my car which stands up well to close inspection (of the original)
photo_zoom.gne

I got mine from One-Stop & had it within 3 days of purchase (y)
HTH - Paul ;)

Paul,

Hope the recovery is swift as it looks like you have a cracking lens there. I bought my Nikkor 50mm 1.8d from one stop and was impressed. I think it will be a csae of who I purchase it from rather than if.

Thanks for taking the time to post back.

BobR

I have one but not on a Nikon, got mine from FotoSense for £314.99 plus del back in December. They were the only place that had stock then, fast service and nice to deal with.

Great lens too, well worth the money.

I have just recently purchased this lens for my D70, and must say that I'm very impressed with it. I haven't really had the time to go out and about with it yet, but all the test shots I've taken have been nice & sharp. I ordered mine from Bristol cameras at total cost of £305 (inclusive of P&P) on a Friday evening and it arrived first thing on the following Monday - I highly recommend them!

minimeeze said:
I have just recently purchased this lens for my D70, and must say that I'm very impressed with it. I haven't really had the time to go out and about with it yet, but all the test shots I've taken have been nice & sharp. I ordered mine from Bristol cameras at total cost of £305 (inclusive of P&P) on a Friday evening and it arrived first thing on the following Monday - I highly recommend them!

Good shout, I am a regular at the shop and the prices are second to none. That said, I ordered my 10 - 20mm Sigma from LCE and not yet arrived, but plenty of time till the balloon fiesta.

Just looking at buying it myself. Jessops have it for £301.49. With the code mentioned above "CPB10PC" (thanks for that Warspite :D) it comes in at £271.34!!
EDIT::
just noticed that the canon and Nikon are different prices, i was quoting the canon. the Nikon is £334.99 as warspite says :coat:

lumpster said:
Just looking at buying it myself. Jessops have it for £301.49. With the code mentioned above "CPB10PC" (thanks for that Warspite :D) it comes in at £271.34!!
EDIT::
just noticed that the canon and Nikon are different prices, i was quoting the canon. the Nikon is £334.99 as warspite says :coat:

Might be worth trying the big haggle and see if they will drop anymore. It's quite a big difference between the price per mount. I can't understand why?:thinking:

Back