Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens Price Announced

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
£369 for the 10-20mm f/4 - 5.6 ultra wide Canon + Nikon compatible lens with a 77mm filter size too.

The Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens is a wide-angle zoom lens designed for digital SLRs with APS-C size image sensors. The Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens offer a focal length equivalent to approximately 16-32mm (assuming a 1.6x focal factor). The Sigma 10-20mm lens will fit Sigma, Canon and Nikon digital SLR cameras. Sigma UK have just announced that the recommended retail price of the 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM will be £369.99.

Sigma UK Press Release

Sigma Announce Price of the New 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM

First deliveries of the eagerly anticipated Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens will be arriving in the UK shortly with a competitive suggested retail price of £369.99.

The super wide-angle capability of the 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens makes it a very powerful tool for both indoor and landscape photography. It is specifically designed to optimise results with digital SLR cameras encorporating APS-C size image sensors.

Three SLD glass elements are employed for effective compensation of colour aberration, a common problem with super-wide angle lenses. One molded glass element and two hybrid aspherical lenses, offer excellent correction for distortion, as well as all types of aberration.

This lens is equipped with an inner focusing system, and HSM design providing quiet, high speed autofocus and offers full time manual focusing. It has a minimum focusing distance of 24cm (9.4”) at all focal lengths. The non-rotating lens barrel is eminently suitable for the petal shaped hood (included) and circular polarizing filters.

THE SPECIFICATIONS
Focal Length :10-20mm
Minimum Aperture :F22
Lens Construction :14 Elements in 10 Groups
Angle of View :102.4°- 63.8°
Number of Diaphragm Blades :6 pcs
Minimum Focusing Distance :24cm (9.4”)
Maximum Magnification :1:6.7
Filter Size :77mm
Lens Hood : Petal Hood
Dimensions :Diameter 83.5mm (3.3”)X Length 81mm (3.2”)
SRP :£369.99

l The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.
l Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.

This is certianly one to watch for. I've been holding off getting the 17-40L because I knew this was coming out. I'm tempted to rush out and get one when its availabe, or I might just wait for the reviews and others to break it in :) 10mm!! Sooo need that :D

Matt said:
11-18mm available from Warehouse express for £399.

Oh boy :) After buying a PSP and a Lomo cam and OSX Tiger, I need a new credit card ;)

petemc said:
Not sure. Tokina have though and it looks ok.

Although the filter thread is plastic, I've read about a few people "re threading" their lens due to that.

Back