Signature/watermark

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend program or young (and cheap :) designer who can help to create logo/watermark.
I know what i want, just dont know how to do it.
Is watermark saved as jpeg and how do you apply it to the photo?

Thanks

If so, create a blank page, draw your signature on it, save as a .png with a transparent background.

Then open lightroom, go to edit watermarks, upload .png file and position it/select opacity, the. Give it a name and off you go.

When exporting images from Lightroom tick the watermark box and select your preset, and hey presto, your exported pics will have the watermark stuck to it :)

Simples

I created mine using a font I found and some clip art I found online. I then made the background transparent in photoshop, and saved it as (I think) a dng file.

In Lightroom, there is the option to add a watermark when exporting. I select the file and where I want it to be positioned and it automatically puts it on all the files I want to export.

I'm on my phone now so I can't post the watermark, but you'll see it on the images on my websites at www.theviewfromthenorth.org and www.mechanicallandscapes.com

I bought my from ESTY... Was reasonably cheap and they provided JPEGs, PSD's etc.

How you apply it to the image depends entirely on what you're using to edit your images.

I created mine using a font I found and some clip art I found online. I then made the background transparent in photoshop, and saved it as (I think) a dng file.

In Lightroom, there is the option to add a watermark when exporting. I select the file and where I want it to be positioned and it automatically puts it on all the files I want to export.

I'm on my phone now so I can't post the watermark, but you'll see it on the images on my websites at www.theviewfromthenorth.org and www.mechanicallandscapes.com

Thank you! Looks like it would be quite straightforward to add watermark/logo once i have it.
Yours works well with the type of photography that you do.

If so, create a blank page, draw your signature on it, save as a .png with a transparent background.

Then open lightroom, go to edit watermarks, upload .png file and position it/select opacity, the. Give it a name and off you go.

When exporting images from Lightroom tick the watermark box and select your preset, and hey presto, your exported pics will have the watermark stuck to it :)

Simples

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I should be able to add it to the image once i have logo/watermark.

Thank you! Looks like it would be quite straightforward to add watermark/logo once i have it.
Yours works well with the type of photography that you do.

Thanks. It's a bit crude but I'm not a graphic designer. Once it's on the corner of a web sized image it looks OK.

Just to clarify, I save the file as a .png file, not a .dng file. From memory, I think it needs to be on a transparent layer to overlay properly on the image, but I'm no expert in these things, I just followed tutorials on youtube and such like!

I kept getting adverts on my Facebook feed for a company that made custom photo signatures, they were very good but quite spendy (can't remember their name now though!). I ended up just writing my name on a piece of paper and scanning it it to Photoshop, then going over it with with the pen tool to create a line to run a brush along. It's good enough for me and it was free :D

I kept getting adverts on my Facebook feed for a company that made custom photo signatures, they were very good but quite spendy (can't remember their name now though!). I ended up just writing my name on a piece of paper and scanning it it to Photoshop, then going over it with with the pen tool to create a line to run a brush along. It's good enough for me and it was free :D

Was it these guys? http://y.photologo.co/

Back