Silhouette of a pheasant... yay or nay?

Name
Ryan Patterson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, took this earlier on... cant make my mind up on it. What are your views?

*EDIT* original photos now replaced with retouched version (cloned a bit under the pheasants tail)

2988154553_1b31b0601e_o.jpg

*EDIT*

Had a go with photoshop at making a deep red sky. I like it but its never the same when you have to create it in processing.

2988154511_0f16f52345_o.jpg

thank you,
Ryan

Last edited:
YAY!

It works for me!! The shape of the pheasant is recognisable and that's what makes it work!! Would be been absolutely perfect if the sky was a deep red...but we aren't called Michael Fish ;)

Well done :)

Works for me, nice composition having the ground going up on the RH side.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it.

I have added another photo with the red sky that i conjured up in photoshop thanks to a tip from purpleclouds.

What do you think? better or worse?

I think it works very well in both images... I do like the colours in the second image.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it.

I have added another photo with the red sky that i conjured up in photoshop thanks to a tip from purpleclouds.

What do you think? better or worse?

I was thinking fully red...like a sunset! But it looks ok anyway :) I know what you mean about fiddling in photoshop though :(

thanks all, i have now added the cloned versions, thanks for the tip chewy and jay (y)

I'm gonna go with a half yay...for me I think it would work better if you could see the beak and profile of the head. The head looks a little like a bottle or something as it stands now. I love the idea though, just think the head turn would have been the icing on the cake :)

1: Yay

2: Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay-burs, everybody needs gooood Naaaaaaaaaaaay-burs...

Not keen on the orange :D

Yey!! Prefer the 2nd one though.:)

Thanks everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated :)

Back