Silverstone Blancpain and British GT

I'm personally a great lover of "jaunty" angles but that's just me (an old fart). Other than that they are good and if you like the angles then you have satisfied your needs and mine don't matter. Nice and sharp, good colours, you get a sense of speed with the blurred background, so lots of ticks in the boxes.

Thanks, haha yes I nearly made a comment about the angles when posting. I've previously tried to level as many out as possible but now I find myself tilting most of them on purpose to maintain a style. I think my style is being dictated more and more by attempts to create impact on Instagram. That's generally closer crops, bold colours and often excessive angles which don't necessarily make for good images from a more traditional standpoint.

Fabulous set IMO with #3 & #5 the outstanding images- #3 is beautifully composed.

Lovely set.

I'm amazed how good your panning is at 1/30, I struggle at 1/160.

Fabulous set IMO with #3 & #5 the outstanding images- #3 is beautifully composed.

Thanks I was pleased with the way #3 turned out.

Lovely set. I'm amazed how good your panning is at 1/30, I struggle at 1/160.

Thanks, they don't all look like that at 1/30. My success at 1/30 or 1/40 is improving but it's still not very high. I only tend to dip down to 1/30 when I'm confident I'll already have some decent shots at 1/125 or faster. There's still a risk I'll get nothing that I think is acceptably sharp at 1/30 on the wrong day.

Good vibrant set Mark with excellent panning, favourite is #4, love the spray behind the car.

Great set Mark, can't really pick a favourite. Certainly don't get much better than these from Silverstone as a spectator (assuming these are from 'behind the fence')

Good vibrant set Mark with excellent panning, favourite is #4, love the spray behind the car.

Thanks Neil

Great set Mark, can't really pick a favourite. Certainly don't get much better than these from Silverstone as a spectator (assuming these are from 'behind the fence')

Thanks Ben, yes 'behind the fence'. 1, 3, and 5 were through the fence, so much easier when the sun is not out at Silverstone. Plenty of British GT shots written off on the Sunday when the sun came out.

Lovely set.

I'm amazed how good your panning is at 1/30, I struggle at 1/160.

Was thinking the same myself, fantastic clarity and detail for such shutter speeds! :)

Great shots, 3,4 and 6 are my favourites

Great set, love all of them, I'm also a try-er but mostly fail-er at the slow shutter speed shots, so I love it when they work, which these do in spades, and the colours and processing is spot on as well.

Was thinking the same myself, fantastic clarity and detail for such shutter speeds! :)
Thanks

Great shots, 3,4 and 6 are my favourites
Thanks Toby

Great set, love all of them, I'm also a try-er but mostly fail-er at the slow shutter speed shots, so I love it when they work, which these do in spades, and the colours and processing is spot on as well.
Thanks Mark, I'd hazard a guess that when it comes to panning below a certain speed most people fall into the 'try-er but mostly fail-er' category. We only ever get to see the shots that work. (Or perhaps I'm just trying to make myself feel better)

Great set indeed, love the colors.
Thanks Glen

Back