Silverstone BSB Round 11

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Ok a very quick post as i am at work and really shouldnt be on here :eek:

First must say great spending some time with my good old partner in crime Desantnik and also a little bit of time with Whiteline.

Will post some comments later once home and the wife and kids are all sorted.

OK no order to these and no witty titles :D

1/
C87Q2251-XL.jpg

2/
C87Q2876-XL.jpg

3/
IMG_9491-XL.jpg

4/
C87Q3040-XL.jpg

5/
C87Q3101-XL.jpg

6/
C87Q3721-XL.jpg

More in a min (y)

Just when I thought I was doing well :( Great set really nice angles, colours and clarity - #1 of all of them, the eyes have it

#1, #6, #7, #9 & #11 - nothing against the paddock & rider shots - I just don't really know who these folks are and I'm not really sold on the brolly dollies for this event LOL

Lovely stuff. Makes me realise how much more I need to improve! My silverstone shots are a long long way away, but I will get there!!

The clarity, sharpness and colours are what strikes me. Well done

Keep going back to #11 :clap: bloody fantastic shot that is....it just does it for me :love:just imagine what it would be like if all those seats had bums on !
and taking a fancy to #5 almost got a tilt/shift perspective on that..:)
Great set all round.
Clive.

Hey matey :wave:

Great to shoot some breeze with you as usual!

Of these... #9... that is a really nice spot isn't it!

#12...that is a really nice place too :love:

But coming back to the photos...I don't often feel the wide shots with bikes...but #11 has composition, action, epic sky, awesome processing... think its one of the few shots I've seen in a long time where I genuinely think "damn, wish I'd taken that!"

Also, the image quality from you 1DX makes me very jealous :(

#7 awesome mate, love the wide angle #11.

Cheers Nick and hope to catch up before the end of the season bud.

So sharp, all really good but number 12 is stunning quite literally

Thanks and was glad i had the Image Stabiliser turned on LOL.

These are great really liking #2, 10 and my favourite #11

Thanks (y)

Just when I thought I was doing well Great set really nice angles, colours and clarity - #1 of all of them, the eyes have it

#1, #6, #7, #9 & #11 - nothing against the paddock & rider shots - I just don't really know who these folks are and I'm not really sold on the brolly dollies for this event LOL

Cheers bud and im lucky to have no fence so helps with the clarity plus i love post processing ;)

The normal quality work Glen if I took 1 it would be hanging on my wall by now superb shot love the glossy look to the bike and the light is great really like 5+11

Cheers bud and may have to hunt you down to do some MX shots over winter :)

Lovely stuff Bud, #6 is my type of shot, #2 is simply a stunning ben wilson shot and for someone who said to me he couldn't do wide angle stuff #11 is one of the best wide angle shots I seen from anyone

Don't fel to bad Jonathon, Glen has been making me feel that way for years.

Cheers bud and hope your feeling better now.
Still cant shoot wide but just got lucky through being bored on Sunday :D

Lovely stuff. Makes me realise how much more I need to improve! My silverstone shots are a long long way away, but I will get there!!

The clarity, sharpness and colours are what strikes me. Well done

Thanks and mine are only different as i dont have the fences in my way,stick at it and stick with this forum as i learnt loads from the people in the motorsport section and can only thank Desantnik for being the other side of the fence for the last few years.

Keep going back to #11 bloody fantastic shot that is....it just does it for me just imagine what it would be like if all those seats had bums on !
and taking a fancy to #5 almost got a tilt/shift perspective on that..
Great set all round.
Clive.

Cheers Clive and that is the only thing i hate about that picture,empty bloody seats.....need to apply for Moto GP next year (y)

Hey matey

Great to shoot some breeze with you as usual!

Of these... #9... that is a really nice spot isn't it!

#12...that is a really nice place too

But coming back to the photos...I don't often feel the wide shots with bikes...but #11 has composition, action, epic sky, awesome processing... think its one of the few shots I've seen in a long time where I genuinely think "damn, wish I'd taken that!"

Also, the image quality from you 1DX makes me very jealous

Cheers fella and missed you on Sunday bud ;)

Your right about that corner being a cracker and so we now have two great places to sit at Silverstone next year :naughty:

The 1DX is a stonking camera but in all honesty as you will know from the exif #3,#10 and #11 are all with the 7D which still does a grand job,the geat thing with the 1DX is its just so easy to customise and set your shutter limits etc that it just makes it one less thing to worry about just frame and shoot.

Look forward to seeing you at Brands bud :D

Last few from me before Brands and not sure if everyone is there on Saturday but might be an idea to have a TP meet up either at lunch or end of day?

Whats everyone think?

Must have 1 Josh shot

C87Q3611-XL.jpg

Look into my eyes....

C87Q3520-XL.jpg

Mr Ellison

C87Q5186-XL.jpg

Happy Mr Lowes Senior

C87Q6277-XL.jpg

Shakey without his crutches

C87Q7607-XL.jpg

And a little monster

IMG_9840-XL.jpg

Have a great day everyone and be good for us all to meet up at the Final of BSB 2013 if we can.

Liking the Josh at Stowe shot - wish I'd walked up there now!

fantastic shots how do you get them pin sharp do you photoshop a lot or are they straight out of camera thanks dave

Was keeping an eye on the little monster from the speccy side.....didnt realise it was you doing the blowing....:LOL: top man :p...

Absolutely awesome stuff mate another vote for #11 can't believe I've not made it to a single BSB this year :(

Liking the Josh at Stowe shot - wish I'd walked up there now!

Was worth the little walk from your favourite corner ;)

pretty hard to add to what has been said here...

#11 - wow...

and the monster at the end.. Gulp...

spot on.

Thanks very much :)

fantastic shots how do you get them pin sharp do you photoshop a lot or are they straight out of camera thanks dave

Not straight out of camera and I only use Lightroom 4 for all my web stuff now,think I did a little bit about my PP in an older thread this year from BSB at Snetterton.

Was keeping an eye on the little monster from the speccy side.....didnt realise it was you doing the blowing....:LOL: top man :p...

Cheers Clive and another great use for 12 fps :D

Absolutely awesome stuff mate another vote for #11 can't believe I've not made it to a single BSB this year :(

Have missed you this year fella as didn't even catch up at Moto GP :crying:

Are you doing the final and still think it would be good to have a TP meet up if possible on the Saturday.

Your work is still very much the standard to aspire to Glen. Some real stand out shots, love #7 and all the track shots from the second lot. #11 is different and works very well indeed. Will be around Sat if a quick TP meet comes off.

Awesome set! did anyone spot the umbrella in no 12? I guess not lol.

Thanks for the kind comment and i cant work out why that's one of the most viewed pictures after looking at the stats of that gallery :thinking:

Your work is still very much the standard to aspire to Glen. Some real stand out shots, love #7 and all the track shots from the second lot. #11 is different and works very well indeed. Will be around Sat if a quick TP meet comes off.

Thanks very much Neil and i am still very humbled by the appreciation expressed by the people on here towards what really is just a hobby for me as i work full time in a garage and still dont think my work is anything special,i was just lucky to get trackside for a few years.

Had a look at the time table for BSB on Saturday regards a meet up and the last practice for the stock 1000's finishes at 5.28PM so we could aim for 6PM meet up or if not 13.45 to 14.15 is VIP and Safety Car laps but this would be cutting it fine and only give us 30min for a chat.

Not sure if Desantnik could have a word with Gary to see if we could put something up in the motorsport section for a week as think it may not get seen by the bike togs in any other area.

If this is good for the majority of us we could meet by the assembly point which is used for the pit walk near the cafe.

Be good to say hello,whats everyone think?

Last edited:
Back