Silverstone Motogp (What little of it happened)

Name
Roly
Edit My Images
Yes
A bit of a disappointing weekend at Silverstone for those attending the Motogp as weather cancelled race day (Understandably)

Took the new Canon 100-400mm mkii with me as I have hurt my back and didn't feel that I could carry the 300mm 2.8 for the duration, looking a bit softer here than they do on my screen for some reason.

Valentino Rossi by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Jorge Lorenzo by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Maverick Vinales by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Marc Marquez by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Cal Crutchlow by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Cracking set, the Marquez shot is top drawer (they all are), just a shame he didn't have a clear visor. I'm guessing it was dry for that shot?

The Lorenzo shot is just wow, great to see his face. They look sharp enough to me.

Thanks Dale, I did manage to get several clear visor shots on the Saturday but I haven’t got that far through my memory card yet.

Great shots.
Do you pre-focus or rely on servo-AF?

Servo AF more often than not, with the 300mm 2.8 it tracks amazing, I have to say I was very impressed with the 100-400mkii, considerably better than the mki version.

Servo AF more often than not, with the 300mm 2.8 it tracks amazing, I have to say I was very impressed with the 100-400mkii, considerably better than the mki version.
Oh dear - More expense!

Back