Simplicity - Lighthouse at penmom

Nice composition…

but I see the shot being skewed.
Is that the reality or…

Last edited:
checking other images from different photographer's of similar angle, leaning. i have shots from different angles and appears ok, will post a couple within this thread later.

i did see it but after checking parallels and distortion but left it as is rather than manually altering.

hi jerry , i understand this but didnt not want to change something if it was correct, looking back i should have just changed it.

looking at a few photos from different photographer's you will find a tilt.

i have a few more different shots different angle composition and no tilt.

will post a few more shots later

hi jerry , i understand this but didnt not want to change something if it was correct, looking back i should have just changed it.

looking at a few photos from different photographer's you will find a tilt.

i have a few more different shots different angle composition and no tilt.

will post a few more shots later

I'm certain the lighthouse is not leaning or un-symettrical in reality.

Strictly speaking it is not leaning in the image, it is actually distorted. How much distortion and what type depends on where the lighthouse is positioned within the frame.

If the lighthouse were positioned centrally it would (?should) be vertical. If towards the right it would appear to lean/tilt outwards to the right. It is a function of physics.

You will probably have noticed that if you point the camera up at a tall building the building appears to taper towards a point at the top. This is known as converging verticals.

What you are seeing with your image is the opposite. The camera is pointing slightly downwards, so the verticals would converge at the bottom.

Back