Singing Skylark

SKM

Edit My Images
No
At Portland Bill last week

Stan

1/1000, f8, ISO 400, 420mm

33377687456_4a93e740b9_c.jpg

Beautiful. I've been seeing them all day today out on Dartmoor, way out of range of my 18-135mm lens, but just hearing them made me glad to be there. Funnily enough it was the featured bird on Radio 4's Tweet of the Day this morning.

Very nice,only issue is teh barbed wire but what can you do??!!

TFS

thanks guys

Very nice,only issue is teh barbed wire but what can you do??!!

TFS

I dont think that is a problem, its just part of the normal fencing around the field and it is not often you are able to shoot these guys at eye level without lying flat on the ground

I have no issue at all with the barbed wire. When I see them they're either a speck in the sky or on a granite rock blending into the heather and gorse. Absolutely no chance of a photo - I've tried often enough, including today. If you zoom right in you can see there's a bird there and you can tell it's a skylark, but.................

Super bird Stan:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:wish that was mine:), actually heard some today but did not see any:(........Superb edit Daniel.

Cracking shot Stan (y), agree the barbed wire can't always be helped, but its a much more appealing shot with it remove :)

Cracking shot Stan (y), agree the barbed wire can't always be helped, but its a much more appealing shot with it remove :)

:plus1: but it's rare for me to see them other than a long way up.

Tres bon.C'est magnifique! I wish I had your pp skills!

Merci bien, John… mais ce n'est rien de difficile!

…+/- 7 minutes in Affinity Photo.

Your pp skills are much better than my French, but then again so are mine :(

…like your French, it all gets better with practice!

Prendre le temps d'apprendre est ce qu'il y a des plus gratifiant!

Back