Single light setup testing

S

stupar

I thought I would post this in here as it wont do any harm to glean some advice on single light setups.

Having kids is always a plus point when you need a model to trial out your lighting setup.

So in this shot I have tried to focus on the lighting and not so much on the pose (not easy with a 3 year old). The key light was a 70cm octabox with Godox V860 II camera right and as close to Samia as physically possible. I roughly lined up the rear of the softbox with her face so that the I could get some wrap around lighting across the front and opposite side. Could have done with a reflector to soften the shadows on the opposite side but didn't have anything suitable to hand.

Thanks for looking!
Comments and critique would be most welcome if you think there is something that can be improved upon (great or small)

DSCF0777(1) by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

I'm absolutely no expert at this kind of thing, although I am trying to improve. I like the shot myself and would be pleased with it. No doubt someone will be able to provide you with some technical critique.

Back