IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7987.jpg

Last edited:
Also Agree. Some nice images.

Might be worth numbering them - especially if you're going to put a few up so that we can pick out individual images.

I don't do portrait photography at all, so in some ways I'm not qualified to make this comment.

But, they all seem stupidly good to me. Excellent photos, well framed, well exposed and beautifully processed.

If you really want critique there is one where maybe her feet our a couple of pixels too tight to the right hand edge and possibly a couple more with smiles like the first would be good to see and would lift the mood. If that's wanted you want to do if course.

Really nice. Lovely lighting and processing, plus of course she's a beautiful girl. Only ones I'm not keen on are (what would be) 5 & 6 - with her legs being pushed back, plus the hat on her knee, it makes her legs look a bit deformed..... great work though.

Yes. HSS was used. High shutter speed was also used to blacken out the background even more.

These were shot using Canon 6D and a very old sigma 70-200 f2.8.

Photoshoot taken place at Malta - Valletta at golden hour.

Last edited:
Great job! Like Simon, I noticed the light was a tad low in some of the shots. I presume this was to avoid shadows from the hat in some of the pictures.

Either way, these are of a high standard. Nice one!

@Craig_85

"all seem stupidly good to me. Excellent photos, well framed, well exposed and beautifully processed."

I couldnt add anything to the above.

Gaz

All excellent shots with nice lighting and model, well done!

Very nice images. Great compositions and lighting in my opinion. Love the processing too.

Your model looks very comfortable too - great natural posing.

Excellent work with just the one light source.
My personal favourite is No1, the smile is just captivating.

Superb set. The balance of flash and natural light is absolutely perfect.

These are great. Shows that thoughtful use of a single light is powerful. the only ones I'm not so keen o are 3 and 4 and - is it 8 or 9? where the hard shadow is on her left cheek. I love 7 and the penultimate one.

The balance to ambient and flash seems pretty much spot on, I don't really like that last shot though. Second one is lovely apart from not being quite sharp on the eyes.

Back