Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

I really like both those alternative images for Juxtaposition. Neither of the Gate reshoot images grab me though. The second one I think would look better in colour.

The pear shot works well, nice lighting.

Funny but also a good picture of a pear nice subtle reflection and very good colour, really stands out

I really like both those alternative images for Juxtaposition. Neither of the Gate reshoot images grab me though. The second one I think would look better in colour.

The pear shot works well, nice lighting.
Thanks, trust me the second gate shot is not better in colour :)

Funny but also a good picture of a pear nice subtle reflection and very good colour, really stands out
Thanks Allan

I like the lighting and the reflection and all that... but: is pear shaped really oval?

I like the lighting and the reflection and all that... but: is pear shaped really oval?
Thanks Bernd, it's a wonky oval :)

How fun is that this 52 photo project can even turn an imperfection pear into an interesting image.
Thanks Stan

I really do like this oval shot Chris, great bg and good reflection to ground the pear and bang on theme (y)(y)
Thanks Dave

Oval: Like this very much, you made a simple pear really stand out and its so detailed, looks even better on flickr.

Walter

Hi Chris first image for Juxtaposition for me lovely light on the landscape.

Oval Really like that nice lighting and detail

Nice one. (y) My eye is drawn to the light hitting the end of the stalk. Don't know if that was planned but it's a nice touch.

Nice one. (y) My eye is drawn to the light hitting the end of the stalk. Don't know if that was planned but it's a nice touch.
Thanks, "planned" might be over stating it but after a trial shot or two (...) I did orient the stalk to the light because it looked better

Oval

Not a nice smooth shaped pear, but that probably helps with creating some subtle shadows on it's skin. Nice little reflection too.

Juxtaposition : of the two I like your wind turbine landscape better.
Re-shoot - Gate : The b/w looks odd I like it, I like that the middle walls don't have visible gates but the others line up
Oval - good choice, and nicely lit

Oval - Nice pear. Lol. Well done for finding an oval one and not one that is bulging at the bottom.

Juxtaposition : of the two I like your wind turbine landscape better.
Re-shoot - Gate : The b/w looks odd I like it, I like that the middle walls don't have visible gates but the others line up
Oval - good choice, and nicely lit

Hi Chris, it works for the theme for me, I like the subtle lighting and the back background, lots of detail captured too.

Thanks all

I love places like this, the dominating slates In the foreground and the background with the wall and the railings makes the image

That's an interesting take on the theme. Slate always cut straight.

Like the darkness of the straight slates, goes great in mono imo and on theme.

Fits lovely and a very powerful looking take, great detail.(y)

Walter

I love places like this, the dominating slates In the foreground and the background with the wall and the railings makes the image

Thanks all, in a way it was good that it had been drizzling, it made it gave the slate a bit more contrast.

An interesting shot Chris, looks good in b&w

Hmmmm .... bit of a mess. Straight slates? As Allan says, nice depth.

An interesting shot Chris, looks good in b&w

Hmmmm .... bit of a mess. Straight slates? As Allan says, nice depth.
Thanks both, I think it was the juxtaposition :)thinking:) of the neatly stacked straight cut slates against the surround mess that made me feel it might do for the theme.

I think my OCD might have made me crop it Chris, but it does work well, there are actually lots of straight bits in in the messy bits. Lovely and shiny in the wet and perfect in the b&w.
Thanks, I know what you mean but there didn't seem be a good point at which to crop, looking the other way wasn't much better either and I didn't want to do yet another set-up indoors shot this week.

Straight
Nice find, like @Allan.H I to love these sorts of places, there always seems to be something to photograph.

Hi Chris,

Wet - First one for me, seems to be a bit more contrast in it
Juxtaposition - Both lovely images but I think the windmill one fits them theme best.
Oval - Beautifully lit and lovely reflection, very nice
Straight - Works well in B&W and I like the slates but think I would have cropped it almost down the middle. Not keen on all the messy stuff sorry

:D

Bit messy in the background for me I'm afraid...

I like your take on Straight Chirs the B&W conversion works really well giving it a timeless feel.

Straight
Nice find, like @Allan.H I to love these sorts of places, there always seems to be something to photograph.

Slates are always nice and straight. Nice find. I don't mind the mess its a good contrast to the orderly slates to me.

Hi Chris,

Wet - First one for me, seems to be a bit more contrast in it
Juxtaposition - Both lovely images but I think the windmill one fits them theme best.
Oval - Beautifully lit and lovely reflection, very nice
Straight - Works well in B&W and I like the slates but think I would have cropped it almost down the middle. Not keen on all the messy stuff sorry

:D

Bit messy in the background for me I'm afraid...

I like your take on Straight Chirs the B&W conversion works really well giving it a timeless feel.

Thanks all. seems the mess is splitting the crowd, I'll tidy it up next time :)

The thought of climbing up these steps isn't very attractive

Steps by Chris H, on Flickr

I shot this as a back up to the better shot I was going to take but it's not looking likely that I'm going to get anything better now.

Back