Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Great take on the theme and well done.

nicely composed and nice use of natural light it looks simple but as you say a lot harder than it looks taking your time with it has paid off

A different take on the egg theme to Bob.
Nicely done and I agree that the time taken setting it up was well worth it.

I like it Chris

The title in the "post your images only" thread made me chuckle

Phil

A good clear eggy over shot Chris, bet it was a PITA to make sure the stamps were`nt showing.

Great take on the theme and well done.

Thanks all, much appreciated

Stark - you have really captured the Film Noir style great shot much better than the tree shot.
Over - clean and simple(looking), good colour tones. cracking shot

Stark - you have really captured the Film Noir style great shot much better than the tree shot.
Over - clean and simple(looking), good colour tones. cracking shot
Thanks Minx

Really like that Chris lovely natural lighting it looks simple but I can imagine it took a fair amount of setting up.

Nice use of DoF the muted BG really helps the eggs stand out.

Nice image Chris, the light is lovely! Great use for the theme!

Have to agree with the above comments - lovely light and a good take on the theme.

Good clean, clear shot and this time I got the ova link only to realise you were going for over egged :eggface:

Great composition and you're right on theme with your over ovas... :)

I'm catching up so late to the party with comments on your Stark image, but I agree with all the praise; it's a great image with super lighting to give just a hint of the background, and definitely hits the Film Noir target. Your daughter is a great model, too :)
Over is an original idea, and it's been interesting to see all the different takes on 'over' this week. Well arranged, smooth lighting and a complementary background; what's not to like (y)

Over - Hahaaaaa nice one Chris, a eggcelent idea for the theme, and although a fun twist on it, it is a real nice image, I really like your lighting on this one and the background works a treat too (y)
Thanks Dean but that eggcelent pun gets you a :coat: :D

I'm catching up so late to the party with comments on your Stark image, but I agree with all the praise; it's a great image with super lighting to give just a hint of the background, and definitely hits the Film Noir target. Your daughter is a great model, too :)
Over is an original idea, and it's been interesting to see all the different takes on 'over' this week. Well arranged, smooth lighting and a complementary background; what's not to like (y)
Thanks Andrea

Another two from me this week, I shot the first for this theme on film with a Yashika Electro that I have refurbished and this was the first time I had put film in it so I went out and shot the second on digital as a back up before I had processed the first and well, having taken it I found the story too compelling to leave it out really.

Age by Chris H, on Flickr

Ages by Chris H, on Flickr

Last edited:
The film shot works for me, although I like them both. Was the first taken on HP5? Love the grain.

l am all for more film shots, always good to see, the second one is interesting I do wonder what the story is

Liking both of those Chris the first one is my pick love the grain from the film. I need to keep a couple of shots on the film in my Nikon F2 to try and get a shot for the TP52 the trouble is getting it developed quickly enough!

Thanks for the info Chris, two very good shots and bang on theme. Love the old/age gritty look in the first the most good that you got it working ok, #2 88 is a good old age.

The film shot works for me, although I like them both. Was the first taken on HP5? Love the grain.

l am all for more film shots, always good to see, the second one is interesting I do wonder what the story is

Liking both of those Chris the first one is my pick love the grain from the film. I need to keep a couple of shots on the film in my Nikon F2 to try and get a shot for the TP52 the trouble is getting it developed quickly enough!

Thanks all, it was on Kentmere 400 (Kentmere are the owners of Illford so it could be a similar emulsion to HP5). TBH I find this film a bit to grainy but I bought a few rolls on offer so I am just using them up.

Thanks all, it was on Kentmere 400 (Kentmere are the owners of Illford so it could be a similar emulsion to HP5). TBH I find this film a bit to grainy but I bought a few rolls on offer so I am just using them up.

Cheers Chris. Good to know as my daughter has been given a few rolls to used this week as part of her photography course.

I like the pub name and the old fox walking past, I'm not a fan of the grain on this shoot as I feel the wet pavements would have suited a glossy image.

Pete

#1 is the winner here. It's a really well composed photo (well in my eyes anyway)

I'm all for the off-centredness of the grave shot. But man in street passing aptly named pub is a winner. (y)

The old man and the old fox for me! Great composition, lots of things to look at (y)

Sharp

I see you've managed to get image in to your 52.
There is some great detail in the stem and thorns and a good composition.
You have one dust bunny.

Sharp

I see you've managed to get image in to your 52.
There is some great detail in the stem and thorns and a good composition.
You have one dust bunny.

Thanks Dominic I spotted the bunny as soon as I uploaded it and was in the process of re-uploading when you psoted. Anyway dust free version now available

superb detail :clap:
Thanks David

Back