Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Hi Chris, I like your take on art, it has good lighting and the bucket stands out well with it's colour.

Who said it's not Art! If a pile of rubbish and an unmade bed are art and were paid good money for them to be displayed then a blue plastic bucket by the door is definitely ART. :LOL: (not) :LOL:

Thanks both.

Hi Chris

I think the art is in your excuses for the 1 missing bucket picture. Art is a very open subject nuff said.

Pete

A big blue plastick summink - fabbly bizarre :D

Chris

Only just bizarre, but I like the Image, I like the way you have highlighted the Blue Bucket missing from your picture for last week. At least you have found it, which is bizarre,

Pete

Interesting take on the theme Chris, nice and bright.

Do you have a thing about blue bucket? That's two weeks in a row! :)

A big blue plastick summink - fabbly bizarre :D

Chris

Only just bizarre, but I like the Image, I like the way you have highlighted the Blue Bucket missing from your picture for last week. At least you have found it, which is bizarre,

Pete

Thanks all. @rpn if Picasso can have his blue period, so can I :)

Not really getting it to be honest, but that’s probably just me.

Bizarre

The whole blue bucket thing is pretty bizarre, so from that point of view this works.

Nicely exposed and excellent composition, I shall give further critique after I have studied the mundane object for a few months to get to its inner meaning!;)

Not really getting it to be honest, but that’s probably just me.
No worries, thanks for stopping by

Well, it did have to be a blue bucket, didn't it.
Is that a vignette you've applied, or was the bucket really in a pool of light allowed through by the trees?
Well spotted, it's actually a radial filter but similar effect.

Bizarre

The whole blue bucket thing is pretty bizarre, so from that point of view this works.
Thanks Dominic

Nicely exposed and excellent composition, I shall give further critique after I have studied the mundane object for a few months to get to its inner meaning!;)
:D Thanks Roger, it's worth it, I find the semiotics of blue buckets so enlightening.

Aahhhh Buckit! More Buckits!

Nice comp :)

Aahhhh Buckit! More Buckits!

Nice comp :)

:eek: More blue buckets, again. I like the image, spot-on focus on the front bucket, good timing and use of depth-of-field.

Thanks both. Zoo animals, pegs, trains, buckets ... there have been several recurring themes whilst I have been doing this 52 lark :D

Wild

It's becoming a bit of an obsession this blue bucket thing.

This has some nice lighting and the rain adds a nice effect.

Hi Chris, I have just looked through your images since my last visit and I've enjoyed your dabbles with film and the series of B&W images. The shortbread is really nicely set up and looks delicious, and the selfie for Dark works very well; your lighting and exposure were spot on and you caught good detail in your eye (y) The blue bucket for Art and the continuation of the theme for the latest themes has made me smile, but they're also valid choices for the themes so double points for you :) I do like the colour of the buckets and the rain drops in the last one, too.

I, for one, welcome our Blue Bucket Overlords.
I actually really like that image, you've achieved a really cool effect there with the 'rain', the placement and the overall feel. I think this might be the winner for the theme.

Hi Chris, I have just looked through your images since my last visit and I've enjoyed your dabbles with film and the series of B&W images. The shortbread is really nicely set up and looks delicious, and the selfie for Dark works very well; your lighting and exposure were spot on and you caught good detail in your eye (y) The blue bucket for Art and the continuation of the theme for the latest themes has made me smile, but they're also valid choices for the themes so double points for you :) I do like the colour of the buckets and the rain drops in the last one, too.
Thanks for taking the time Andrea, really appreciate it.

I, for one, welcome our Blue Bucket Overlords.
I actually really like that image, you've achieved a really cool effect there with the 'rain', the placement and the overall feel. I think this might be the winner for the theme.
Thanks Tim, very good of you to say so, are you a Slashdot reader b any chance?

The bucket theme continues, I like the rain very effective

Chris

You have a long way to catch up with the Loco people. I like your use of the blue buckets, very entertaining, keep it up.
Now I'm just waiting for a blue bucket on a train photo.

Pete

Chris

You have a long way to catch up with the Loco people. I like your use of the blue buckets, very entertaining, keep it up.
Now I'm just waiting for a blue bucket on a train photo.

Pete
Thanks Pete, that's an idea, I nearly did another blue bucket this week but it didn't happen.

Been away in the highlands with the F&C crowd, so don't tell them I took a digital shot albeit a fairly bog-standard autumn one.

Autumn-Glen-Coe by Chris H, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ooh I like that - it’s a belter :)

Good takes - them buckits are breeding!

Back