Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Well on theme Chris, shame about the weather which we are all getting.

Nice colours to the building and the guard is on a 3rd so in the right place.

The yellow on the step and blue on the handrail catch my eye.

I feel your pain Chris - not been easy so you've not done too bad at all mate. You managed to get a bit of cloudy, moody bits in too

Thanks guys, the steps and rails might have benefited from a bit of desaturating I guess

Guard(ed) - I like the detail in the sky, and the handrails and the steps catch my eye as well, its a good image given you were feeling a bit frustrated. Anyway it's another box ticked and time to move on to the next theme.

Guard(ed) - I like the detail in the sky, and the handrails and the steps catch my eye as well, its a good image given you were feeling a bit frustrated. Anyway it's another box ticked and time to move on to the next theme.
Thanks Mandy

I like the guard shot, lots of detail and I like the composition. And the coastguards get my complete support and admiration. :)

I like the guard shot. Nice sharp building in the fore. Lines leading off to the cool sky on the right. Its a wekk composed image. Hopefully when the days get nicer, it will make things a bit easier for all of us. I tell you, trudging round London in the rain with a camera getting hostile looks is not tje most pleasant experience.

Guard
I think you've done well to get out there and find a subject to fit the theme.

I like the guard shot, lots of detail and I like the composition. And the coastguards get my complete support and admiration. :)

Hi Chris,
I quite like the contrast of the blue railings and lettering vs the overcast conditions and muted appearance of everything else.

I like the guard shot. Nice sharp building in the fore. Lines leading off to the cool sky on the right. Its a wekk composed image. Hopefully when the days get nicer, it will make things a bit easier for all of us. I tell you, trudging round London in the rain with a camera getting hostile looks is not tje most pleasant experience.

Guard
I think you've done well to get out there and find a subject to fit the theme.

Thanks all

I've been thinking of having a go at some food shots and this seemed like a good subject, thick sliced bread

oh and it just seemed to need a beer in the background, the sacrifices we make for this 52 lark :beer:

BLT by Chris H, on Flickr

Last edited:
You big brave soldier with your sacrifices to your art Chris!!!

Thought there'd be some nice thick sandwich shots at some point. Nicely on theme but I'd have preferred to have seen the full pint instead of a tiny bit of the glass

Very nicely presented Chris with great colour range. (y)

Mayo on mine please.

You big brave soldier with your sacrifices to your art Chris!!!

Thought there'd be some nice thick sandwich shots at some point. Nicely on theme but I'd have preferred to have seen the full pint instead of a tiny bit of the glass
Quick off the mark Ian :clap: thanks for stopping by. It's a hard job but someone's got to do it :), The thing with having a whole pint in is that it risks losing the emphasis on the sandwich.

Very nicely presented Chris with great colour range. (y)

Mayo on mine please.
Thanks David, me too, I put the mayo in after I'd shot it to avoid getting mayo every where as I fiddled around with the lettuce leaves

Very Yummy on theme Chris, like that you left the beer in shot too so nicely oof. Very good clean/clear shot (y)(y)
Thanks Dave, it's busy on here tonight :), really appreciate your positive comments.

Nice shot, on theme, and great colours....also screams Fresh for me as well.....

No, no, no. Sacrilege. Not toasted bread!? OK, it's a personal thing regarding the BLT but as for the photograph, I like it a lot. I keep getting 'crisp' to mind (when I should say 'sharp') and then my eyes stray to the bacon and I forget the photo and head for the kitchen :rolleyes:. Good shot, evocative. Like the beer, nice touch.

Last edited:
Nice shot, on theme, and great colours....also screams Fresh for me as well.....

No, no, no. Sacrilege. Not toasted bread!? OK, it's a personal thing regarding the BLT but as for the photograph, I like it a lot. I keep getting 'crisp' to mind (when I should say 'sharp') and then my eyes stray to the bacon and I forget the photo and head for the kitchen :rolleyes:. Good shot, evocative. Like the beer, nice touch.

Nice food shot Chris, looks very tasty! Only thing I might change would be to crop out the table to see how it looks.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments. I did try without the table in front but I liked the edge of the slate as a contrast to the sandwich.

The colour is spot on very clean sharp picture looks very appetising

“as I fiddled arround with the lettuce leaves” quote of the day, its all in the detail :cool:

Nice moody shot of a property with prime seafront location! Well composed with the coastline disappearing to the right, and great sky!

Great idea for thick too, but maybe a bit too much light on the top slice of bread?

Chris

Love the BL, dont like the T, but a great looking sandwich you have there, not to mention the beer.

Pete

The colour is spot on very clean sharp picture looks very appetising

“as I fiddled arround with the lettuce leaves” quote of the day, its all in the detail :cool:
Thanks Allan, :) I do like a bit of lettuce fiddling :naughty:

Nice moody shot of a property with prime seafront location! Well composed with the coastline disappearing to the right, and great sky!

Great idea for thick too, but maybe a bit too much light on the top slice of bread?
Thanks Bernd, it was a bit hard to balance up the light on the top

That is just lovely Chris. It could easily be a product photo for a High End Deli.
Thanks Tim, appreciate it.

Chris

Love the BL, dont like the T, but a great looking sandwich you have there, not to mention the beer.

Pete
Thanks Pete, it's not the same without the T :)

That looks delicious and a beer too.
n13fkdv.gif
Would like to see more of the beer though.

Mmm tasty, nice shot Chris

Thick - Really like that Chris some lovely details in there. Looks very tasty.

The only slight niggle for me is the 2 crumbs I think I would have been tempted to take those out.

Thick - Really like that Chris some lovely details in there. Looks very tasty.

The only slight niggle for me is the 2 crumbs I think I would have been tempted to take those out.
Thanks Mark, there were a lot more crumbs which I cleaned up but I thought a few made it a bit more "real" somehow.

Hi Chris, omg so far behind!

Stark - Stunning portrait. You have a beautiful daughter. Have to say though the bit of furniture is a bit distracting for me, it just keeps taking my eye away from her face :exit:
Over - Nice pastel colours and the one egg out of the bowl makes the shot
Age - I prefer the 1st image, the film gives it the extra aged feel and I like the man under the old fox sign, makes me wonder if he was!
Sharp - Excellent sharpness, worth all the effort and works well on the diagonal
Guard - Ooo your coast guard building is much posher than ours
Thick - Good looking sandwich, looks good enough to eat :whistle:

:D

Thick

It looks tasty.
Another good take on the theme from you Chris.

Hi Chris, omg so far behind!

Stark - Stunning portrait. You have a beautiful daughter. Have to say though the bit of furniture is a bit distracting for me, it just keeps taking my eye away from her face :exit:
Over - Nice pastel colours and the one egg out of the bowl makes the shot
Age - I prefer the 1st image, the film gives it the extra aged feel and I like the man under the old fox sign, makes me wonder if he was!
Sharp - Excellent sharpness, worth all the effort and works well on the diagonal
Guard - Ooo your coast guard building is much posher than ours
Thick - Good looking sandwich, looks good enough to eat :whistle:

:D
Thanks Georgina, I really appreciate you taking the time to look through them all. We do have quite a fancy coastguard building :)

Thick

It looks tasty.
Another good take on the theme from you Chris.
Thanks Dominic

Thats an excellent product shot good use of DoF the light is good and the colour perfect :clap:

I see a pattern with a lot of people's images this week. :)

Thats an excellent product shot good use of DoF the light is good and the colour perfect :clap:
Thanks Allan, looking at it again I do wonder if a stop more DoF might have made the writing on the flour bag a bit more readable but glad you like it.

I see a pattern with a lot of people's images this week. :)
Thanks Martin, there is a bun theme this week. I shot this before I saw the other bun entries but i quite like seeing different interpretations on the same subject

Thick - that sandwich looked very tasty, nice colours.
Abundance - that does make a great looking product shot, colours are nice and natural and balanced nicely throughout the image, my fave for the theme so far.

Back