Siskin

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I do not really like taking shots at the feeders but these things just sit there, eat their fill then fly off.:(
Siskin3.jpg

Sooooooo sharp!

Amazing photo! Well done!

A great shot Charlie, another bird I probably have never seen :D Thanks for educating me Lol

Beauty, even with the feeder and missing tail tip(y)

Thanks for all the kind comments. There were two on the feeder but I cropped the shot a bit as the other was oof.

Great crisp, clear shot. (y) Fabulous colours.

Often there's little alternative, on the feed is the only time some of em stay still long enough :)

Superb SM ... (y) ... surprising numbers of these seen during our recent visit ... ;)

:p

Well thank you. Something is eating a feeder full of Nyger seeds every day. So I either have more Siskin than I thought ( never seen on the hill before this year) or those Reds have found a way to get at em!

While they were here (and that was longer than normal) they fed on peanuts and sunflower hearts almost exclusively ... :cautious:

:p

Great shot mate, what lens were you using for it. As sharp as a sharp thing :D

Well done - very sharp shot with good detail & colour. Think it would be better if the tail tip was showing.

Thanks again folks. Yes it would have been better with the tip of the tail in. This was cropped from a shot in which I was trying to fit two birds in & I just missed the tail. Lens was the 300 f4 Nikon.

Nice close up (y)(y)(y), all the negatives have already been stated. You say you don't like taking shots of the birds at the feeders, do you use any false props like old broken branches a little distance away from the feeders?.
I only ask out of interest :thinking: as I have secured permission to set up a small feeding station on some private land later this year ( we have no garden as such ), I would love to see a shot of your set up and hide.

Thanks
Steve;)

Great detail despite the feeder. Sometimes, you just have no choice Charlie. I just got me second new breed [to my photographic collection] in two days, some LTT's, but most are on the feeders too, but I try to think of it as better than no shot at all. (y)

Nice close up (y)(y)(y), all the negatives have already been stated. You say you don't like taking shots of the birds at the feeders, do you use any false props like old broken branches a little distance away from the feeders?.
I only ask out of interest :thinking: as I have secured permission to set up a small feeding station on some private land later this year ( we have no garden as such ), I would love to see a shot of your set up and hide.

Thanks
Steve;)

:LOL: I think Sawman has the best set up of the lot of us! ;)

Wonderful detail and colours (y)

Really nice sharp shot. I provide a small branch near to the feeder which i find is very good especially when birds are waiting to use the feeder.

Pete

Another superb crystal clear shot sawman :clap:
We had hundreds of these around during Winter time but haven't seen one for months :shrug:

Thanks all & believe me I do know how fortunate I am to have a hide set up in such an area. I do take some credit though as a few years back there were very few small birds on the hill. I introduced a number of nest boxes & the rest is history. When I was a wee lad just started school I knew then I wanted to take wildlife pics. It has taken many years to get there but boy am I happy now.

Good for you sawman, your care has paid off Siskin is a Cracker.(y)

Janice your photo has a few faults :thumbsdown: clone out the log lower right, and fence lower left, i can see a white dot on a tree trunk. Ok im jealous so what :razz: :bang: :bang: I mean Red squidgers ,Peckers, :LOL:

Last edited:
Good for you sawman, your care has paid off Siskin is a Cracker.(y)

Janice your photo has a few faults :thumbsdown: clone out the log lower right, and fence lower left, i can see a white dot on a tree trunk. Ok im jealous so what :razz: :bang: :bang: I mean Red squidgers ,Peckers, :LOL:

Now then! The picture Janice put on here is actually one of mine! The "fence" lower left is the window sill of the hide. Yes they come that close! One squirrel even sat on the sill when I was in the hide one day, had a wee look round then scarpered! I did spend a very amusing afternoon in the hide with Janice back in April. Everytime I went to take a shot she would come out with one of her wisecracks & that was it. SHE got some good shots though. Think it was a cunning ploy:thinking:

Thanks all & believe me I do know how fortunate I am to have a hide set up in such an area. I do take some credit though as a few years back there were very few small birds on the hill. I introduced a number of nest boxes & the rest is history. When I was a wee lad just started school I knew then I wanted to take wildlife pics. It has taken many years to get there but boy am I happy now.

I am also very lucky were i live in Herefordshire with some great wildlife . over the last 2 years since i have taken up photography, it has made me appreciate my surrounding alot more . You can see you have a real passion and understanding for your wildlife photography . The photo Janice posted just shows that you are reeping the benifits of all your hard work :clap:

I am also very lucky were i live in Herefordshire with some great wildlife . over the last 2 years since i have taken up photography, it has made me appreciate my surrounding alot more . You can see you have a real passion and understanding for your wildlife photography . The photo Janice posted just shows that you are reeping the benifits of all your hard work :clap:

That was very kind of you to say that. Thank you(y)

Back