weekly sjh2008 52 Photo Challenge for 2021 -- Week 14 +15 + 16 Added

There's definitely been plenty of lockdown traffic through there. I might try a crop into the gate and puddle and a wee bit of straightening to lift it?

Dirty
The signs should say 'park open as long as you can get through the mud'.
Dirty, dirty, dirty.

That's a puddle and a half!!

I hesitate to suggest getting too close, but there's a bit too much space around the subject for me.

Week 2 Theme Dirty

Cropped the photo.

Week%202%20-%20Dirty%20CROPPED-X2.jpg

I wouldn’t have thought to crop, but now I see it, I think somewhere between the two might work [emoji23]

I’ve been going out with walking poles to help me negotiate mud like this, or I’d try a bit of a pole dance around the gatepost ha ha!

On theme, suitably dirty!

If i tried a pole dance around the gate post you can 100% guarantee i would fall face first into the muddy puddle and sod`s law there would be a audience to see it take place

I think you may have cropped a bit too tight there, but certainly anyone going through that gate is going to get dirty.

Last edited:
Week 3 Theme Rock / Stone.
Week%203%20Theme%20Rock%20-%20Stone-4-X4.jpg

Seem to struggle with this theme as well as the previous one.
I was hoping the snow would add something to the image of the wall, PABD is the phrase i believe :rolleyes:

I think the snow does indeed add to the image otherwise it would just be a lot of stones. It is very difficult to make stones interesting but this is as good an attempt as anyone's.

I wish we had some snow to make landscapes a bit more interesting.

I like the second image more - I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's because my eye moves from left to right through the image along the wall.
Nice details in the stones and a good depth of field.

Good work Simon, the dry stone wall has some nice leading lines, drawing the viewer into the scene. I would be tempted to add just a little more contrast to bring out a bit more detail but that's personal taste. I do like the depth the image has.

Looks like a wall with lots of potential, might benefit from more contrast. I'm wondering what the image would with the wall straight ahead and some of the background would look like?

First for me - shame about the sky,, but not much you can do about that at the time.

The wall itself looks like a really interesting subject - lots of lichens and textures there.

I like the first ... close-up detail of snow/stone contrast.

Stone
Good leading line, lots of detail in the stonework.
Have you tried a black and white conversion, i think it might work.

Nicely shot bit of wall. I'm for black and white too as there's not a lot of colour there anyway.

Good shout for converting it to black and white, I hadn't considered that option

I like the first one with the close up on the moss and lichen

#2 nice snow scape with the wall drawing me in to it.

I like the first shot the most, the growths and detail in the stone really add something, and I like the depth and leading lines in the second shot. I think I might have taken out a little of the sky in both of them though

Week 4 - Theme Tall

Queen Anne's Monument, Cirencester Park, Gloucestershire
The monument stands in the grounds of Cirencester Park. It was erected in 1741 to her memory by the first Earl Bathurst, whom she had created Baron Bathurst in 1712. Queen Anne, who reigned over England, Scotland and Ireland from 1702 until her death in 1714.

Week%204%20Theme%20Tall-1-X4.jpg

Nicely composed for a difficult subject. I like the blue of the sky. right on for the theme.

Pete

It's certainly tall! Not entirely sure we need so much of the grass in front?

Stone.. nice all and looks great with the snow. I would be tempted to convert to mono.

Tall.. that certainly fits the theme. I feel like I would move to the right a little and zoom in to get more of the statue and one tree behind.

Tall
I think you could lose a little off of the bottom. A nice pastel blue sky.

Tall - it certainly is an impressive structure, possible loses some of the effect with the expanse of the ground leading up to it. Whilst zooming in I liked a composition where it was cropped from the bottom just below the main tree line with the statue positioned on the right.

I like all that FG and distant trees. The column is well exposed ... but what an outrageous thing to find in a sleepy Cotswold town!

Nice monument and very much on theme though the composition could be better

Week 5 Theme Snapper Choice - Technique Fill the Frame

Colour version

Week%205%20Theme%20Snappers%20Choice-30-X2.jpg

Week 5 Theme Snappers Choice - Technique Fill the Frame

Another one i quite liked in black and white.

Week%205%20Theme%20Snappers%20Choice-16-X4.jpg

Tall - good subject I think it would look better less central more on the third.
Snappers choice - The Salvation Army building is the most interesting of the two, both colour and b/w versions work but I prefer the colour

Sally army, The colour version has the edge for me too

The colour version works for me too. It has more depth than the mono conversion.

Back