Skeleton Soldier

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a bit of fun last night with my new Pixelstick and used a couple of images that I had on it to create this image as a long exposure, anyone watching much have wondered what the hell we were up to in the darkness...was a good evening out with @JulesP and @Thomas Provis

SKELETON ARMY by Matthew Hancox, on Flickr

As with all my photos, comments, critique and questions are all welcomed and appreciated

Matt

Last edited:
Saw and commented on Flickr, I like it..! I assume your able to use any image.?

Pretty much, your limited to 200px tall of course, but the image can be as long as you wish, the image needs to be formatted as a 24 bit (bitmap) glad you like it, I'm really enjoying playing with it and I've got a lot of ideas for images with it

Yeah was good to see the pixelstick in action :)
Did you get the images I emailed over?

I've ordered another umbrella too - the one I had that night has been shortened by a few inches and its more manoeuvrable now - better balanced. Also gone over it with wire wool to make it more opaque - looks better I think and lights up better too.

Yeah was good to see the pixelstick in action :)
Did you get the images I emailed over?

I've ordered another umbrella too - the one I had that night has been shortened by a few inches and its more manoeuvrable now - better balanced. Also gone over it with wire wool to make it more opaque - looks better I think and lights up better too.

I've not had an email, I look forward to seeing the effect of the modifications to umbrella (y)

I've not had an email, I look forward to seeing the effect of the modifications to umbrella (y)
I sent it to the BTinternet one you messaged me on the other day. When you texted me it came up with a BTinternet address.

Last edited:
Is the 'soldier' a typo or has solder been used somewhere in the making of this?

I sent it to the BTinternet one you messaged me on the other day. When you texted me it came up with a BTinternet address.

Later on I'll pull up the web mail interface for my email, sometimes the spam filter can be quite officious as that is my primary email address (y)

P
Is the 'soldier' a typo or has solder been used somewhere in the making of this?

That is a typo on my part I'll edit that now...though being an electrical light stick doubtless there will be some solder in the mix there somewhere

I like it, love the pixelstick, my fear though is few will understand how the image was created and put it down to photoshop or some render from an "app"..

Do like to mess with long shutters and lighting in the dark :) GREAT fun!

I find the pixelstick intriguing, but my camera has a maximum 30 second exposure time. In general is this going to be enough?

I like it, love the pixelstick, my fear though is few will understand how the image was created and put it down to photoshop or some render from an "app"..

Do like to mess with long shutters and lighting in the dark :) GREAT fun!

I must confess it is a bit of a fear that some with its CGI but it's a issue I'm willing to take for what I can create with it :p glad that you like it

I find the pixelstick intriguing, but my camera has a maximum 30 second exposure time. In general is this going to be enough?

Does you camera not have a bulb mode? What camera is it? There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get away with just 30 seconds but you'd have to work fast to do it all in a single exposure or merge multiple exposures

Does you camera not have a bulb mode? What camera is it? There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get away with just 30 seconds but you'd have to work fast to do it all in a single exposure or merge multiple exposures

It has a bulb mode, but still limited to 30 seconds.

It's a Leica Q, the exposure length is balanced with ISO - so as ISO increases the maximum exposure length decreases - a heat thing I believe.

ISO 1600 = 8 seconds
ISO 800 = 16 seconds
<ISO 400 = 30 seconds

has 1.7 max aperture though

Last edited:
It has a bulb mode, but still limited to 30 seconds.

It's a Leica Q, the exposure length is balanced with ISO - so as ISO increases the maximum exposure length decreases - a heat thing I believe.

ISO 1600 = 8 seconds
ISO 800 = 16 seconds
<ISO 400 = 30 seconds

has 1.7 max aperture though

That's off that is the first time I've come across a camera limited in such a way, well at least the good news is the Pixelstick is so bright you can certainly use your base ISO to get the longest possible exposure achievable

Any suggestions for purchasing the pixelstick? it's £329 at wex

or £310 here
http://shop.lomography.com/pixel-stick

Personally I purchased mine from WEX when I checked you could actually get it cheaper still direct from Pixelstick but my reasoning for going with WEX even though more expensive was my desire to have a UK point of contact in the event of a failure in the Pixelstick at some point

Thanks @MWHCVT - I've ordered myself one.

Got some ideas ! look forward to playing :)

Damn if only I was on a commission I'd be onto a good number :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I do look forward to seeing what your plans for it produce (y)

One idea is to have adult content material displayed around unsuspecting strangers, balancing with ambient will be difficult whilst choosing strangers unlikely to move.. but no one would know what you were doing :D

I like that concept, some little old granny with her bag on wheels and then some glamour model striking a pose next to her :LOL:

Nah, Jason and the argonauts :)

I like it too (y)

Indeed and I'm glad you like it

Back