Skip that stack

No one? I am here, and I don't like to be overseen
as it hurts my bear ego! ;)

TBH, I really like #2 because it has (only my opinion)
the right tonal values reflecting the light conditions.
This, of course, explains the irregular renditions.

I know our tastes differ in relation to brightness, which makes me hesitant ...

But you have asked, so FWIW, and these are just matters of personal taste .....

I like the first one best. I really like the pastel shades. I might be inclined to take some off the top and right and a bit more off the bottom. I would also lower the key and increase the contrast a little by, at least, closing the gap at the bottom of the histogram, and possibly playing with the tone curve too (or equivalent). I might increase the clarity or contrast just a little.

There is a stacking edge issue with the flower on the right in #2. I wouldn't want to crop on the right to get rid of the flower head as that would destroy the rather nice composition, so I would try cloning to hide the issue. I would lighten/brighten the image by, at least, closing up the gaps at the top and the bottom of the histogram. Because of the impact on the background this would reduce the contrast in terms of relative brightness of the subject and flowers versus the background and so might (depending on taste/perception) reduce the immediate visual impact. It's just that I would prefer the impact on the colours and the overall brightness.

With #3 I would move the histogram to the left to relieve the pressure at the top end and give some more substance to the brightest yellows in the flower to the right of the subject. I would probably then raise the shadows a bit to stop the subject becoming too heavy at the dark end.

No one? I am here, and I don't like to be overseen
as it hurts my bear ego! ;)

TBH, I really like #2 because it has (only my opinion)
the right tonal values reflecting the light conditions.
This, of course, explains the irregular renditions.

Thanks Daniel will sort out the weird edging

I know our tastes differ in relation to brightness, which makes me hesitant ...

But you have asked, so FWIW, and these are just matters of personal taste .....

I like the first one best. I really like the pastel shades. I might be inclined to take some off the top and right and a bit more off the bottom. I would also lower the key and increase the contrast a little by, at least, closing the gap at the bottom of the histogram, and possibly playing with the tone curve too (or equivalent). I might increase the clarity or contrast just a little.

There is a stacking edge issue with the flower on the right in #2. I wouldn't want to crop on the right to get rid of the flower head as that would destroy the rather nice composition, so I would try cloning to hide the issue. I would lighten/brighten the image by, at least, closing up the gaps at the top and the bottom of the histogram. Because of the impact on the background this would reduce the contrast in terms of relative brightness of the subject and flowers versus the background and so might (depending on taste/perception) reduce the immediate visual impact. It's just that I would prefer the impact on the colours and the overall brightness.

With #3 I would move the histogram to the left to relieve the pressure at the top end and give some more substance to the brightest yellows in the flower to the right of the subject. I would probably then raise the shadows a bit to stop the subject becoming too heavy at the dark end.

Thanks Nick will have a look at the things you've mentioned above but as you say differing tastes and all.

The poor edging is my mistake was a bit PP out when I did these so will redo should be easy enough :D

Agree that 1st one is good, maybe a little more adjustment could bring out some more colour.
2nd one is really nice showing the local environment.
No 3 now this is very nice imo but for me a bit bright in places, maybe a little more PP.
Again nice to see some shots from you.

Lovely shots Bryn

Thanks Chris appreciated.

Agree that 1st one is good, maybe a little more adjustment could bring out some more colour.
2nd one is really nice showing the local environment.
No 3 now this is very nice imo but for me a bit bright in places, maybe a little more PP.
Again nice to see some shots from you.

Feel free to have a go? :D thanks for looking.

Back