Sky TV!

Matt.

Judge Dredd
Edit My Images
Yes
I think i'm at the giving up with Freeview stage now :( It's a shame as it's a great package, but here in Dorset it just doesn't work. At all :(

Being someone that knows NOTHING about Sky, i'd like some suggestions on a decent box to get from ebay! (not an expensive one) :) Eventually (if it works) i'll get it working with MCE, but that might have to wait a bit.

Any ideas at all on what to go for? There seem to be so many options!

Don't care about Sky+ really, and have a dish already, so just need the box for the freesat thing :) I'm only doing this as i can't get Freeview, so don't want to spend loads as i don't watch much TV!

I have an amstrad sky box upstairs somewhere if you'd like me to dig it out. Was only 3 months or so old when we upgraded to sky+ and its been sat up there dormant for the last 12 months or so.

You'd have to wait a few weeks though and just have to cover postage costs and its yours.

Can't beat that for an offer. I know the Amstrad boxes werent the best of the flavours you could get when signing up for sky, but if its a working one, it'll do the job nicely (y)

You can plug the dish and box in, and get *some* channels free to air, but alot of the free to air stuff, is still encrypted through sky and you still need a card unfortunately.

Sky sell a freeskysat one for 20 quid, which basically unlocks all the free to air channels that they pipe.
I think without a card, you can still get a few channels, but theyre quite limited.

However, what sky don't tell people, is that when you cancel sky, you still have your old sky card. Once your account is cancelled, it turns into a freeskysat card ;)

Thanks Darksaber! I'll be in contact if i can't sort my Freeview out soon. Looking at it today i can't even get the BBC channels!
I get these multiplexes: 2, B, C
and don't get these: 1, A, D

Daft question Matt but have you had a professional check out your tv aerial?

Daft question Matt but have you had a professional check out your tv aerial?

No... it's a rental property so i'm not really sure what to do if i'm honest! The area is known to have appalling TV reception though.

Take a photo of your aerial and post it. I was one of them there professionals for 18yrs, I'll probably be able to tell you wether it's worth getting someone in.

Back