Skye exploration - video and pic

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Further exploration on the Isle of Skye. I found some cracking new locations (new for me anyway) and had a really enjoyable time seeking out interesting compositions. I will definitely be doing some more snooping around this area - it looks very "target rich".

Here's one shot plus a short and (hopefully) relaxing video of from that morning's early start in the dark.

20200916-L1020234.jpg
Leica Q, 0.6 sec, f/3.5, 28mm, ISO100

love that shot. unfortunately, i can't see the video while at work, but i'm looking forward to seeing it later tonight.

Great stuff! I enjoyed the video. I’m off to Skye at the end of October and staying at Torrin on the other side of the loch from there, so was planning on walking up, the view is supposed to be superb from the top. Did you walk to the summit?

Great stuff! I enjoyed the video. I’m off to Skye at the end of October and staying at Torrin on the other side of the loch from there, so was planning on walking up, the view is supposed to be superb from the top. Did you walk to the summit?

Didn’t go to the summit this time as I didn’t have long, but it is spectacular up there, and it’s not too long a walk either. Good car park with a toilet at the bottom too. Take your time on the way up, the river is lovely. If you’re up for camping, there’s a nice space halfway up by a little lochan. There’s loads more to explore around there too, including a very nice salt marsh with lots of interesting shapes, old woodland, water features everywhere etc etc. Good place to base yourself.

Back