Skye limestone and Blaven

My eyes were immediately drawn to the sunset and then made my way to the foreground. I also really like how at every distance there is some detail to enjoy.

Can you shed some light about the technical side of the shot? Lens, aperture, filter and so on?

Last edited:
Cool composition and different too. I can almost make out my tripod hole down at the loch.

I reckon though morning for this - sun to the right and behind of you, light pouring in sorta thing. Shooting into the direction of the sun isn't my bag and the hot sections of sky slightly distract from an interesting take

Can you shed some light about the technical side of the shot? Lens, aperture, filter and so on?

From recollection it was f/14 at about 24mm (18mm crop sensor on a Leica CL and 18-56 zoom), with a Lee 0.6 ND on.,

Cool composition and different too. I can almost make out my tripod hole down at the loch.

I reckon though morning for this - sun to the right and behind of you, light pouring in sorta thing. Shooting into the direction of the sun isn't my bag and the hot sections of sky slightly distract from an interesting take

It would definitely be good in the morning. But I was there at sunset and you make what you can from the situation.

I actually like the vertical shot the better. It emphasises the interesting geology rather better.

9AB74EF3-1AF5-4EC9-A192-AB6C3132F027.jpeg

Back